Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 01:38 AM

Default One of the more amazing things about the Bahamas was ...

nobody who was 6'5", 235 pounds, and buff came up and said anything to my face. I mean, that one douchebag, what was his name, you know the one I'm talking about, kept posting how he won a seat to the PS Caribbean Adventure, that he would see me there at Atlantis, and that he had no fear about introducing himself and talking trash to my face. Yet, not only did no such person introduce himself, I also saw no players who fit the description that he repeatedly gave.

Let me guess, he was really a full-of-sh*t 12 yo with more pimples than muscles and more insecurities than IQ points?

Don't you just love the anonymity of the internet? It gives virtual balls to people who are really just big wusses. Of course, these guys will never grow real ones, will they?

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 01-19-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Re: One of the more amazing things about the Bahamas was ...

I remember the trash he was posting. I think he just kind
of faded away...........................

Greg, you playing in the WPT event at Tunica?
Old 01-19-2005, 01:44 AM

Maybe he chickened out after he heard how you whipped out the kung fu on those thugs in the Bellagio. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Keep up the good work.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:21 AM

Greg, the internet is full of "full-of-sh*t 12 year olds" desperate for attention any way they can get it, negative or not. It seems to get under your skin when they do it (perfectly understandable), but every time you give it any acknowledgment whatsoever, you're giving them exactly what they want.

Take satisfaction in your life as it is, and don't give the "from a distance haters" the time of day. Their negativity and clear unhappiness will bring back (in one form or another) plenty of self-induced retribution in the long-run.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:50 AM

Who was the calm guy that just let Matusow talk and talk and look like a total idiot while the calm, cool and collected Fossilman just nodded??? What happened to that guy?

Greg, I am in total agreement with you regarding the d-bags... and I am sure 95% of this site would get your back if any fistfight broke out...

and if you are just joking around... ha ha very funny... but if not, may I suggest you take all this hostility out on the raquetball court and not give the d-bags all this satisfaction of getting under your skin.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the internet is full of "full-of-sh*t 12 year olds" desperate for attention any way they can get it, negative or not. It seems to get under your skin when they do it (perfectly understandable), but every time you give it any acknowledgment whatsoever, you're giving them exactly what they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to agree with this to the fullest extent.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:06 AM

Shooting Star, Greg. You will go down at the hands of El Diablo.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:12 AM

Shooting Star, Greg. You will go down at the hands of El Diablo.

¿Olé?
Old 01-19-2005, 03:34 AM

Actually for me it was sitting at the same table as the last two World Champions....

Speaking of which, I've been meaning to ask you about a two hand sequence at that table (early Day 2). The first hand you raised UTG and were flat called by UTG +1. The board came kind of ragged and you ended up checking the hand down which your opponent won with King high (incredibly he had called your UTG raise with KJs.)

A couple of hands later you two got involved again, this time I believe you raised him from the SB and he called again. When the flop came you grabbed a handfull of black chips and contemptuosly poured them into the pot, putting him in twice over. The look on his face as you did this was priceless. If he could have hid under the table as he mucked I think he would have. Did you have something here or were you just putting the kid in his place?

As I said in the blurry aftermath of my Queens going down to Jeff's 9's, it really was a pleasure playing with you. I hope to have the chance to do it again some time.

Kevin
Old 01-19-2005, 04:01 AM

When did Fossilman stop posting insightful, interesting stuff and start posting nothing but this [censored]?

Seriously....I thought you cashed all those chips in for millions. It seems like you put them all on your shoulder instead.

Life is good, Greg. Lighten up.