Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2004, 06:35 PM

Default Pouring Oil

5-handed Bellagio 15-30.

UTG is drunk and insane. Imagine the most insane player you've ever played against. UTG at least ties that player. The very first hand I played, I went eleven bets with him preflop. He's been running over the table and is up probably two grand, though honestly I don't know because he has a mountain of chips and has been there a long time, I think.

The button just joined the game and is unknown. The BB is weak-loose, playing too many hands and playing all of them too passively. He is constantly calling down the psycho with hands like top pair and has actually folded a few hands to the psycho on the river.

I have been getting my skull cracked and doing a lot of early raising and airballing flops, so I am definitely seen as too loose-aggressive. The button would not have this view, I don't think.

So, here goes:

UTG open raises and I three-bet with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. The button coldcalls, BB calls, and the psycho fourbets. I just call as do the others.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Psycho bets, all call.

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Psycho bets, I raise, button and BB coldcall. Psycho threebets. All call.

River: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Psycho bets, I raise...

-Michael
Old 11-07-2004, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Pouring Oil

I'm pretty much done on the flop, maybe weak but I prefer to put my money in there when I'm winning. Not when in need of a two-outer that may or may not be good.

But that's just me.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:02 PM

Huh? I don't get this at all, it seems like you're just spewing chips here...
Do you really think you're still ahead at the turn? It looks like then you're just drawing to the two remaining nines, why raise it?
Old 11-07-2004, 11:28 PM

Which one is the Psyco?

"I am definitely seen as too loose-aggressive". Very perceptive opponents you have.

Psycos are for winning big pots when you should win a small one, or winning huge pots when you should win a big one. They are NOT for winning a huge pot when you should lose a small one. Try to keep that in mind next time.

A pig with lipstick is not a "date", its a "pig with lipstick". Toss this piglette on the flop.

Put the psyco on your left; that gives you position on all betting rounds.

- Louie
Old 11-07-2004, 11:33 PM

"The very first hand I played, I went eleven bets with him preflop."

Who got in the last bet and what two cards did he have that made up only 29% of his final hand?
Old 11-07-2004, 11:36 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I think you're screwed on the turn when the other two call the flop, and completely f'ed on the turn when they boht cold-call. I really don't think you're paying enough attention to them. also consider that all psycho or any of the others need is a K or a J to have you drawing to 2 outs, or a Q on the river. I think you need to wait until you at least have AJ, AQ, or QT (ie you have outs in case you aren't best) to take this line. in your situation, you could be putting in 6.5 BB postflop drawing to 2 outs, against 3 hands that are drawing very live even if you are somehow ahead.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:43 PM

I think this one probably should have ended on the flop. If you close the action I guess taking one off would probably be fine, but without a read on the button looks like a fold. I think this board is just too ugly to be fooling around with on the turn and river. Usually even the maniacs will slow down when it is multiway for a raise on the turn. When he three bets I have to give him a jack minimum or perhaps a straight draw. I hate the queen on the end. Even if he is pushing a draw he just made at least middle pair. I'm guessing you won a monster here but I still think you were close to lighting a bunch of your chips on fire here. Was this hand played agaist fearme? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2004, 12:53 AM

1. Put chips on table.
2. Connect fire hose.
3. Open nozzle.

~D
Old 11-08-2004, 01:22 AM

Default Who is the psycho now?

So your reply to the psycho is to play like you're a completely insane maniac? With THREE overcards to your nines at the end, all in the broadway straight-zone, and THREE bets on the TURN, and THREE opponents still in the hand, you RAISE the river?

I can see making some sketchy plays against a maniac, but here I would just say that YOU are the maniac and change seats to get YOU on my right.

Hey, if you're going to keep playing this way, call me up and I'll sketch on over to the bellagio and join you and the maniac. After all, I DID live in Cali, and I DO just love playing against hyper-aggressive types with little sense. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] What, is there a twelve drink minimum to play in this game or something? What table is that anyway? Does Johnny Walker count, or do you have to drink something stronger than that to qualify? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

al
Old 11-08-2004, 01:26 AM

Default Duke, you are friggin\' sick and twisted...

I, of course, like that. Great response.

al