Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2004, 12:42 PM

Default Anyone play either of these two differently?

<font color="blue">I'd been playing pretty aggressively since it got to four handed. To this point they had only seen three of my hands, of which only two were hands I had bet or called bets (the other was a BB that was checked all the way through) so I should have a tight image at this point.

Further notes after each hand. </font>

First Hand:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB (t1220)
<font color="C00000">BB (t764)</font>
UTG (t4049)
<font color="C00000">Hero (t1967)</font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t800</font>, SB folds, BB calls t464 (All-In).

Flop: (t1714) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t1714) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1714) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1714

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has Qd 5c (two pair, queens and fives).
Hero has As 4h (high card, ace).
Outcome: BB wins t1678. Hero wins t36. </font>
<font color="blue">
The call did not really bother me, especially when I saw his hand. Just appears to be an unlucky hand for me. I guess I could have folded this one, but had really turned on the gas and was trying to pressure everyone at the table. </font>

Second Hand:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="C00000">BB (t1520)</font>
UTG (t1528)
Button (t3449)
<font color="C00000">Hero (t1503)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, Button calls t300, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t1503 (All-In)</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to t1520 (All-In)</font>, Button folds.

Flop: (t3323) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t3323) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t3323) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t3323

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has Jc Jd (full house, jacks full of kings).
Hero has Kh As (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: BB wins t3323. </font>

<font color="blue"> Don't really see much chance to get away from this hand. Even with a call, I'm getting all my chips in the middle after the flop. I could just not catch up to the better hand, and I went out in 4th. </font>