Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Bush asks for sacrifice he doesn\'t ask of himself

This is a letter to the editor published in the local paper today. I'm pasting it below for you guys to read, and for our resident dum dum pops to respond to. And I'm also going to ask that you not just dismiss this letter to the editor as liberal ad-hominem filled garbage. There are some serious points that are well made in this article.

Bush asks for sacrifice he doesn't ask of himself

To the editor:

One would think that the president of the United States holds the most stressful job ever. Isn't it wonderful that our pompous president is in such excellent condition healthwise? And why not? His eligible daughters aren't in Iraq protecting our country like so many others, more than 1,800 who have given their lives for a war that he started.

With a smirk on his face, he says, "We will stay the course." Who is "we?" Not him or his family. Heck no. He's on a month's vacation. If he's so gung-ho about this war, show us some guts and send your kids to the front lines. This war is not being won; the insurgents just keep on coming. And terrorism has gotten much worse since he began this senseless war.

Then, too, he has no worry about health insurance. Boy, is he covered, not like the millions who have none. And what about the poor, the homeless and those who barely eke out a living? It's not his problem. Why worry? Go on vacation. Imagine a month's vacation. No wonder he's in such good condition. And while he's gone, who's minding the store? The other pompous snake?

I would think that if Dubya likes Texas so much, he should stay there and let one who has the total concern of our nation and its people take his place. In history, I believe this president will be judged the worst ever.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Bush asks for sacrifice he doesn\'t ask of himself

I'm declaring this thread dead before it even gets started. This is about to get ugly.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:54 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I'm declaring this thread dead before it even gets started. This is about to get ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should replace Ms. Cleo now that she's gone. I'm a friggin genius.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a letter to the editor published in the local paper today. I'm pasting it below for you guys to read, and for our resident dum dum pops to respond to. And I'm also going to ask that you not just dismiss this letter to the editor as liberal ad-hominem filled garbage. There are some serious points that are well made in this article.

Bush asks for sacrifice he doesn't ask of himself

To the editor:

One would think that the president of the United States holds the most stressful job ever. Isn't it wonderful that our pompous president is in such excellent condition healthwise? And why not? His eligible daughters aren't in Iraq protecting our country like so many others, more than 1,800 who have given their lives for a war that he started.

With a smirk on his face, he says, "We will stay the course." Who is "we?" Not him or his family. Heck no. He's on a month's vacation. If he's so gung-ho about this war, show us some guts and send your kids to the front lines. This war is not being won; the insurgents just keep on coming. And terrorism has gotten much worse since he began this senseless war.

Then, too, he has no worry about health insurance. Boy, is he covered, not like the millions who have none. And what about the poor, the homeless and those who barely eke out a living? It's not his problem. Why worry? Go on vacation. Imagine a month's vacation. No wonder he's in such good condition. And while he's gone, who's minding the store? The other pompous snake?

I would think that if Dubya likes Texas so much, he should stay there and let one who has the total concern of our nation and its people take his place. In history, I believe this president will be judged the worst ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe whoever wrote this may be the most ignorant person to ever get something published in a paper. Besides Dowd that is.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I believe whoever wrote this may be the most ignorant person to ever get something published in a paper. Besides Dowd that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you've never gotten anything published?
Old 08-19-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you've never gotten anything published?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's shocking that he hasn't since he offers so much to the discussion.

And yes, we are aware that Bush can't enlist his kids. That's not the point. The point is that he has no personal stake in this. When our troops are killed does he get hurt in any way? When we spend billions to rebuild Iraq does it come out of his pocket? No. The costs of his war are carried by the American public.

And he’s getting 400k a year and taking more vacation time than any president in history.

You can call the author ignorant or whatever you wish, but the fact is you haven't said anything to prove that point.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe whoever wrote this may be the most ignorant person to ever get something published in a paper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody just pasted the move-on.org talking points into a blank letterhead and sent it off. Of course the main stream media ate it up – it furthers their agenda. I'm surprised the term "Moral Authority" wasn’t in there as this has become the media’s new darling phrase
Old 08-19-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

One would think that the president of the United States holds the most stressful job ever. Isn't it wonderful that our pompous president is in such excellent condition healthwise?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, why call him pompous. I think hes actually quite humble. Already this guy screams moron.

[ QUOTE ]
And why not? His eligible daughters aren't in Iraq protecting our country like so many others, more than 1,800 who have given their lives for a war that he started.

[/ QUOTE ]

Volunteer military. Now that that's out of the way. The war was not started by him. But I won't argue that.

[ QUOTE ]
With a smirk on his face, he says, "We will stay the course." Who is "we?" Not him or his family. Heck no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why a smirk? Because this guy hates Bush for some reason. We is the people of this country. He IS one of the people. There.

[ QUOTE ]
He's on a month's vacation. If he's so gung-ho about this war, show us some guts and send your kids to the front lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its a volunteer army, or is this person so stupid they can't understand that.

[ QUOTE ]
This war is not being won; the insurgents just keep on coming. And terrorism has gotten much worse since he began this senseless war.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny how the Al-Qaeda leadership don't really think they are winning the war. Funny how Iraq is about to have a Constitution. But, whatever you do, totally and completely ignore the good news, and believe everything you see on TV.

[ QUOTE ]
Then, too, he has no worry about health insurance. Boy, is he covered, not like the millions who have none. And what about the poor, the homeless and those who barely eke out a living? It's not his problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is RIGHT! It is NOT his problem.

[ QUOTE ]
Why worry? Go on vacation. Imagine a month's vacation. No wonder he's in such good condition. And while he's gone, who's minding the store?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he is minding the store. Only someone ignorant (willfully or otherwise) thinks the President is having a classic "vacation". He spends more time working on his vacation that almost anyone else does at their job.

[ QUOTE ]
The other pompous snake?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Clinton "served" his two terms. Got us attacked on 9/11 it looks like too. Good work Slick Willy.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And I believe that the writer will be wrong. Like he is about just about everything else. This letter is one of the most ignorant things I have ever seen published. Maureen Dowd would be proud.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, Clinton "served" his two terms. Got us attacked on 9/11 it looks like too. Good work Slick Willy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeebus F-ing Christ!!! That is even more stupid than attacking Bush because he goes to Texas a lot.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeebus F-ing Christ!!! That is even more stupid than attacking Bush because he goes to Texas a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ. First, I didn't draw any conclusions, there simply are not enough facts yet. However, if you look at what his administration did. REPEATEDLY turning down Bin Laden when he was offered to us by the Saudis. Intentionally putting up barriers between agencies so they could not share information.

I would have to say that IF Clinton had done his job, we would have captured Bin Laden in the late 90s when he was offered to us. We COULD have taken him to investigate links between him and the FIRST WTC bombing.

Furthermore, if the ADMINISTRATION had not gone OUT OF ITS WAY to BLOCK the intelligence community, military, and law enforcement agencies from sharing information its possible, and I dare say PROBABLE that we would have STOPPED 9/11 from happening. (at least when it did)

That's not to say that if Clinton did everything he was supposed to do we wouldn't have to worry about terror now. I just think he totally and completely ignored his duty to defend this nation.