Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 06:31 AM

Default Re: I owe neteller money

Wow can they really do that? Get cash from your attached bankaccount?
Old 10-04-2005, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow can they really do that? Get cash from your attached bankaccount?

[/ QUOTE ]

Money doesn't grow on trees. If you transfer into Neteller it has to come from somewhere. And last I checked, NT isn't a charity organization.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:45 AM

Your post doesn't make sense at all.

What I am asking is if they can really get money out of your attached bankaccount without you giving permission to do so.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What I am asking is if they can really get money out of your attached bankaccount without you giving permission to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a Netteller account, but I would guess that when you set up your account, somewhere in the Terms and Conditions, you know all that text that you probably didn't read, it says that you agree that they have the right to withdraw money to cover overdrafts.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
somewhere in the Terms and Conditions, you know all that text that you probably didn't read

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm... maybe that is exactly where it is at. Knowing this... I'm afraid I'm still to lazy to read it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2005, 03:18 PM

Ehrm,.. no, come to think about it, that would suck, it's important [censored]. I will have a look at the T&C.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:48 PM

If you deposited money that wasnt there Im sure they are allowed to attempt to recieve their funds (especially if your fradulent deposit was from that bank account). Im sure the amount was more than 3$ or you would not be having such a large issue with this since just about every bank would just bring your account to -3$ (+ fees for doing it) rather than denying the entire transaction. Good job [censored] up.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My post made no sense because you didn't understand oilcan's post apparently.

If you deposit money that you don't have, of course they have permission to try and get it as many times as they want. They won't just say "Oh he doesn't have it" and walk away. They may send you an email or call you(not sure) and let you know that you don't have sufficient funds, but don't you think it would be fair for them to try to get the money out of the account?

On the other hand, if I have never made a transaction with NT, and all of a sudden they try to take out $50, of course they can't do that. I've never heard of anyone having that problem though.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I currently have a negative balance on neteller. Will they attempt to withdraw funds from my account automatically or wait for me to deposit money on my own?

[/ QUOTE ]

How did this happen, did you do an instacash that you couldn't cover?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah I was short $3, but my account has overdraft protection on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You owe them 3 bucks?
Old 10-05-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My post made no sense because you didn't understand oilcan's post apparently.

If you deposit money that you don't have, of course they have permission to try and get it as many times as they want. They won't just say "Oh he doesn't have it" and walk away. They may send you an email or call you(not sure) and let you know that you don't have sufficient funds, but don't you think it would be fair for them to try to get the money out of the account?

On the other hand, if I have never made a transaction with NT, and all of a sudden they try to take out $50, of course they can't do that. I've never heard of anyone having that problem though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be shocked if Neteller can access your account without your permission even if it were attached to your account. A bank can't even do that when you don't pay your overdraft after you get funds into your account the overdraft was protecting.