Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 04:26 AM

Default SSH or lag?

converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

The table was a bit loose. It felt like my only chance of winning this post was to knock a bunch of players out.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:39 AM

Default Re: SSH or lag?

I like the flop raise as not many people will cap with a hand that has a 9 or 6 in it. This raise may get another AK or QJ etc. out, which is obviously to your benefit.

On the turn, it may have been an idea to edit out the action after you bet as by seeing that MP2 folded it seems likely he was also on AK and didn't like your aggression.

However, I check this turn 99% of the time - you are behind a lot of the time if called and you have to fold if raised - I take the free card and may call a bet on the river if I think MP2 has nothing, this way you get to a showdown for 1BB instead of risking 1 on the turn and being raised and/or bet into on the river.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:02 AM

This is good assuming you can: fold to a turn checkraise, and check behind on the river. If this was not your plan then I think you should have checked the turn. I like the flop raise personally.

-DeathDonkey
Old 02-14-2005, 07:40 AM

The raise on the flop wasn't a bad idea at all IMO, but I wouldn't hesitate to fold if it were raised back to me. I think I'm taking the free card on the turn though.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:32 AM

Heads up in decent pot I bet the turn also. You must fold to a raise, and a river bet unimproved is rarely correct.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

On the turn, it may have been an idea to edit out the action after you bet as by seeing that MP2 folded it seems likely he was also on AK and didn't like your aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I am a hand posting noob. thanks for the advice guys, the check through does seem to make a lot of sense.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heads up in decent pot I bet the turn also. You must fold to a raise, and a river bet unimproved is rarely correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will typically (&gt;50%) bet the turn in this situation as well, as I feel I have quite a bit of fold equity heads-up.