Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Help Fix my Postflop leaks!

Yuck. I feel like I am making some terrible mistakes postflop that are killing my BB/100. Rip me apart, pretty please.

Hand #1.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.

River: (6.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

Hand #2:Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Hand #3Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG+1 posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 (poster) raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB
Old 01-18-2005, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Help Fix my Postflop leaks!

Hand 1: fold preflop, given that you called (say you had AJs for example and calling in the BB was correct) your postflop play is fine.

Hand 2: fold to the flop bet

Hand 3: fold the flop facing two overcards and a poster who raised his post and bet an AQx flop.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:35 AM

Hand #1 I like the PF call. AJ is a fine hand to defend with. Folding the turn is absolutely correct.

Hand #2 Good flop raise. You have to be unhappy with the 3-bet. Picking up the spade on the turn and getting 12-1 you should call the turn with your small flush draw.

Hand #3 Fold preflop. Okay, it's really stoopid to post UTG+1, but if you're going to play this, you have to reraise preflop. You've got to isolate this guy or it's not worth it with 99. Your hand sucks against 3 opponents.

If you want to plug a leak, look no further than this hand. Raising this flop is insane as is calling the river bet.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:40 AM

How can you like the flop raise in hand #2? There is a bet and a call in front of him with two spades on the board - what is a raise now going to do? There's a moderate chance at best that he holds the best hand currently - there's a minimal chance he will hold the best hand at the river. His pot equity is probably pretty low. Fold that flop.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1 I like the PF call. AJ is a fine hand to defend with. Folding the turn is absolutely correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that AJ is a good hand to defend one's blind with, but I don't think that this is a blind defense situation considering that the raise came from UTG+2. If Hero was facing an openraise from CO this might even be worth a 3-bet, but I think that we're behind pretty much everything that UTG+2 would be raising.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How can you like the flop raise in hand #2? There is a bet and a call in front of him with two spades on the board

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely correct. I missed the caller. I still believe you could raise if it was folded to you, but not after a caller. Assuming you made the mistake of raising, folding the turn is still very bad.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that we're behind pretty much everything that UTG+2 would be raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

At $2/4 I'd probably still call. I'd want a read on the EP raiser, and if he was TA-A, I'd probably fold. Otherwise, I think I'd try to outplay the raiser on the next three streets.

An ace falls and it's reraised back to me, I fold. Loose? Weak?
Old 01-18-2005, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think that we're behind pretty much everything that UTG+2 would be raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

At $2/4 I'd probably still call. I'd want a read on the EP raiser, and if he was TA-A, I'd probably fold. Otherwise, I think I'd try to outplay the raiser on the next three streets.

An ace falls and it's reraised back to me, I fold. Loose? Weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just me, or does this strategy seem like it would just hemorrhage chips at 2/4?