Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Sklansky DVD

I am thinking about purchasing this DVD. Can anyone who has seen it give a review or basically explain what it covers? Is it based on a book such as TOP or particular games such as hold'em? Does it focus on certain types of games (loose/tight) or certain stake levels? Any info would be appreciated.

I am probably going to buy it no matter what [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2005, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Sklansky DVD

Its essentially based on the principles of TOP. Its a lot of basics, some tips on multiple games. But what you will get out of it is an understanding of David's teaching style, and therefore makes reading his books much easier. For $30 or so, its worth the small investment.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2005, 10:49 AM

I've got the two dvd set: Sklansky The Seminar/Sklansky The Video. Got it off ebay. I recommend it because it's a good review when you don't feel like reading. Do you see why? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2005, 12:55 PM

thanks, this is what I need to better appreciate the Sklansky prose!
Old 01-05-2005, 02:32 PM

I am pretty sure what you got as a two DVD set was a bootleg. Only "Sklansky the Video" was offically released as a DVD. One of the sellers of the is set has had their account closed, the other no longer lists it as eBay pulled their listing and warned him.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:41 PM

The fact is it has what seems to be the original case with the back and front cover inserts. It has full color photos and artwork.

I'll let DS tell us if it's real or not.

Anyway, you seems to miss the point. I am recommending the content of the "Sklansky Seminar" and "Sklansky Video".
Old 01-05-2005, 06:22 PM

I appreciate that. Just letting you know that the double disc set is a bootleg. Many of these came from Europe. I sell all of David's legit items and see David at least every other week. You can also confirm this with Ben Tracy. He produced and is the copyright owner of the videos. Send me a private message for his email address.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:10 PM

i got this same thing off of ebay, it shipped from greece and is obviously bootleg, at one point you even see "hifi" on the screen from the vcr thats playing the vhs tape.

I don't know if the legit one has chapters and a menu but this does not. however the content is still the same as the vhs's and good.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:18 AM

David and the video's producer got zilch for their effort. Don’t you feel guilty? Hope you gave the seller a neg!
Old 01-08-2005, 03:51 AM

What is your fucjking problem?

I bought a dvd in good faith off ebay. If it's a bootleg, that's Sklansky and ebay's problem to solve.

The fact that is you are harassing me and I've sent a complaint to Mat Sklansky. In it I informed him that I will never discuss or recommend 2 + 2 products ever again because of the unwarranted shjt you are giving me for a lousy fucjking discussion about the content of the dvd's.