Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2004, 11:09 PM

Default That guy that folded JJ against Raymer

I didnt saw what the bet sizes were but wtf that guy was thinking?IIRC it wasnt an all in and he had T800K, he was just told Raymer was the 'bully', why he didnt at least saw a flop?Wtf was that?
Old 09-12-2004, 02:27 AM

Default Re: That guy that folded JJ against Raymer

Maybe he didn't want to tango with the other big stack on the first hand.
Old 09-12-2004, 02:33 AM

He didn't want to play a big pot with Raymer. He could build his chips without having to take a close gamble.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:40 AM

..because Jacks suck?
Old 09-12-2004, 09:26 AM

Folding against someone whos been raising with almost RANDOM hands its horrible, he was a puss*y and any decent player would have called if not re-raised all in
Old 09-12-2004, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding against someone whos been raising with almost RANDOM hands its horrible, he was a puss*y and any decent player would have called if not re-raised all in

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is WAY off.

It's his first hand at the table. He has heard somebody say I'm the bully, but he's never seen me before. I made the first raise, and the third raise preflop. Even if I'm a moronic bully, how often is JJ better than a small favorite against somebody who's put in a third raise preflop? He has to assume he's in the small-favorite-or-big-dog situation.

John played extremely well the entire time I was at his table. For you or anybody to call him a pussy for folding there just shows that YOU don't know what you're talking about, and that you're not even close to being a "decent player". Sorry if you find my comments offensive, but sometimes the truth just sucks.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 09-12-2004, 11:35 AM

i agree and he had no reads on raymer yet...pussy??? if you watched later in the round he bluffed raymer out of 200k plus whatever was in the pot all he had was a heart draw..i don't know about you but that play seems preety far from being a pussy. you have to pick your battles
Old 09-12-2004, 11:46 AM

Hi Greg,

As usual, you've been wearing those funky glasses too long to remember what a truly wondrous hand JJ is in NL play, up against a third pre-flop raise. Please, come thee down from thy lofty pedestal and return ye to the world of real poker, namely, the $5 SNG. You and others like you are an embarrassment to the fine purveyors of $5 SNG brilliance for whom the only roadblack between themselves and poker fame is that, unlike a money-grubbing patent attorney, they lack the bankroll to play in those big TV tournaments. Imagine, if you will, how much better you could have done in this year's WSOP, had you only stuck to solid, A+B+C+JJ=all-in poker. Instead, you once again proved that the top players -- those who slavishly play the good cards all the way to the rail because they're much too solid to get involved on anything but premium hands -- are just so much unlucky fodder as up against reckless, push-and-pray players like yourself....

Cris *with tongue FIRMLY planted in cheek*
Old 09-12-2004, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cris *with tongue FIRMLY planted in cheek*

[/ QUOTE ]

first of all i didn't even notice that it was raymer. second of all you just don't sit down on a table and play jj aggressive on your first hand when you don't know anything yet ex. who limps with big hands, who pushes suited connectors strong, etc etc

chris
Old 09-12-2004, 12:02 PM

and third of all i really look like an idiot cause i just realized that you weren't even talking about me...

this is what happens when you multi table lol my bad