Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2004, 04:35 PM

Default $0.25/$0.50, which site have better games?

I've got enough bankroll for $0.25/$0.50 games, so I'm not on party yet, currently with one table open at pacific and I would like to open some others on another sites but I cant see to find good games on another sites, I'm currently trying out paradise, the only problem is there are not enough fish. The avarege pot usually is less then 10xBB with few exceptions, while at pacific its at 15, sometimes 20!Does anyone know other viable options?Unfortuanly on Crypto skins the lowest I found is 0.50/1 and on AB, they have a 21 year old police which I dont want to go against so they block all the money if they contact neteller(but I maybe be wrong), where is the fish?
Old 08-31-2004, 04:40 PM

Default Re: $0.25/$0.50, which site have better games?

from my experience i thought the paradise .25/.50 were very fishy, UB alyways has the reputation of being tight, but on occassion the .25/.50 games can be quite good
Old 08-31-2004, 04:45 PM

I play .25/.5 at Paradise. Respectfully, I think you are totally incorrect about the fish on Paradise. Those guys are so bad is defies belief! Yes pot size is usually less than 10bbs, but usually between 6 and 8, and that is quite good!

You need to think about why the pot size is small. The reason is you have a bunch of loose passive players who don't show much aggression at all. There is not a whole lot of betting. The pots I am involved in are usually much larger than the average. "If you bet them, they will call."

.25/.5 Pokerstars is MUCH tougher. It is still quite beatable though. I really think you should give Paradise another chance. Those tables are Snuggle bear soft!

Good luck
Old 08-31-2004, 04:59 PM

Do you want to make money at .25/.50 or learn to play good poker so you can make more money at the higher limits?

The other posters have given you good tips on the former, but if you want to do the latter, I'd suggest giving the PS .25/.50 a shot. They are weak/tight and require a significant amount of adjustment to your game, but it will pay dividends for you in the long run.

Just my two cents...
Old 08-31-2004, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you want to make money at .25/.50 or learn to play good poker so you can make more money at the higher limits?

The other posters have given you good tips on the former, but if you want to do the latter, I'd suggest giving the PS .25/.50 a shot. They are weak/tight and require a significant amount of adjustment to your game, but it will pay dividends for you in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]
Excellent advise. Note: Those guys at .25/.5 PS can actually be bluffed!
Old 08-31-2004, 05:11 PM

I came through Stars $.25/.50 before moving to party. It was kinda tough at the start, as it's noticeably tighter than it's nickel & dime counterpart, but after a little while you get used to it and it's pretty easy. It's tighter, but people are still determined to see the flop with bad hands, so you see a lot of people cold calling raises with absolute junk - at least that was one of the biggest errors I saw on that site.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:41 PM

No one's mentioned Absolute. I've had pretty good luck there so far. My main gripe about AP is it's sometimes hard to find full tables. Paradise .25/.50 has also been pretty good to me, so I echo the advice given above, give them another shot.

Rhone.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:43 PM

Pokerroom has plenty of $0.25/50 tables filled with fish
Old 08-31-2004, 06:00 PM

How is pokerroom's software?
Old 08-31-2004, 06:46 PM

I also play 0.25/0.50 at pacific. I checked out Paradise and pokerstars and the games are so much tighter.

I wouldn't worry about pot sizes though as someone has already said if you bet they will call. I try to join the very passive games at pacific. It really is crazy when they let you limp with bottom pair and a runner runner flush draw. Now I am drawing out on them instead of the other way around.

So many times I have done this and hit a flush,gutshot straight, 2 pair trips etc and bet out and taken a decent sized pot (20BB+). Adding just one raise on the turn or river with 5 callers makes a huge difference to the pot sizes.

I am sticking with pacific until I get to $300 then i will open an account at party and start multitabling. Of course I wont be leaving pacific the games are just too good.