Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2004, 09:41 AM

Default Tell Me How Bad I Played This

20+2 tourny at Stars 650 started, about 100 left, 63 pay, I'm in abot 30th with T11,500. Blinds are 200/400 with a 50 ante.

I had just moved to a new table after playing quite well and had a good image at another table. I had a a run of about 2 or 3 hands where I was dealt good cards ad picked up the blinds with a 3x BB raise.

I am in Late Mid position with JJ, I make a 3X Bb raise and the SB and the BB call. Flop come 689 rain bow and I bet about 2400. SB folds and the Big Blind raises the min. I move all in for 5000 more and the Bb calls and turns up T7 for the str8. Im out in 95th.

How should I have played this here. Should I have bet more on the flop or should I have floped to the Bb's reraise. I basicly thought the BB was trying to push me off the hand becuase I had been raising the previous hands and thought I was bluffing. Whats was the best plan to attck this hand or could it not have been avoided.

BigD
Old 08-31-2004, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Tell Me How Bad I Played This

I think that there are a couple of factors missing in the post that are important. Firstly, what is your goal... do you want to money in the tourney or do you want to win the tourney. If you just want to money in the tourney then I think you can fold to the BB's check raise. If you want to win the tourney you might have a push here if you look at what I consider to be the most important part of the hand. That being your read on the BB.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:58 AM

Final Table, Im not there to make $5 for a few hours work, ill risk what I have to to make the final table. The read I had on the BB wasn't that great as I had only played about 10 hands since I was moved to the table.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop come 689 rain bow and I bet about 2400. SB folds and the Big Blind raises the min.

[/ QUOTE ]
This happened(min raise your bet on flop) many times and 90% of the time I'm beat, I'm beginning to consider that a tell and fold from now on