Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2004, 10:19 PM

Default Paradise\'s MTT\'s

How many of you take these as serious tournaments? I mean they seem like crapshoots to me even at the late stages. Worst tournament structure and some of the most insane play - very tough to avoid bad beats. Any other opinions on this?
Old 08-29-2004, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Paradise\'s MTT\'s

Its tough, once the antes came and the blinds get big if you lose a hand its basically over, so its move in preflop fest, I thinking about moving to stars
Old 08-30-2004, 03:11 AM

Also, because Paradise rakes 9% of the Total prize pool, you definately lose out if you are into playing rebuy tournaments. They take 9% of rebuys and addons, besides the initial buyin. Stars does not do this.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:03 AM

Also, because Paradise rakes 9% of the Total prize pool, you definately lose out if you are into playing rebuy tournaments. They take 9% of rebuys and addons, besides the initial buyin. Stars does not do this.

in the rebuys, it is not a good deal. in the others, it is exactly the same juice as stars. as far as the crap-shoot element, pokerstars gives too much time for the typical paradise player. stars is the site for 'real' tourneys, and the 'real tourney' players go there for them. paradise has never wanted to rule the MTT market, and most of the players are thrilled with the shorter levels. stars is all about tourneys replicating the real world. paradise is about fast internet tourneys with great software.

apples and oranges
Old 08-30-2004, 08:42 AM

Hey Granny,

I see that when you mouse-over the Paradise banner it says, "Granny says click"

Is this you they are referring to?
Old 08-30-2004, 09:12 AM

Hey Granny,

I see that when you mouse-over the Paradise banner it says, "Granny says click"

Is this you they are referring to?

yes, but make sure to only click on the pukey green paradise one, not the others!!

wooo

Old 08-30-2004, 09:17 AM

Thanks Granny. Will do
Old 08-30-2004, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many of you take these as serious tournaments? I mean they seem like crapshoots to me even at the late stages. Worst tournament structure and some of the most insane play - very tough to avoid bad beats. Any other opinions on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Gavin,

Congrats on your bracelet, welcome to the Zoo.

Anyway, I agree with you Paradise's tourney structure is awful. Stars, UB and Party's structures are all much better. I've quit playing them b/c the strcuture is so bad. It's not horrible for the first hour or so, but certainly after that they become all-in or nothing crapshoots. You can go from being on the bubble to among the chip leaders in like three hands b/c it's an all-in fest. If you are really, really good at playing the odds on being all-in pre-flop, then these tournaments are for you. If you are a really, really good, agressive, tricky post-flop player, then your skills are worthless in these tournaments. I think the bad beats are as unavoidable here as anyone else, but the structure makes a bad beat so much more penalizing here than the others I mentioned.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:18 PM

then your skills are worthless in these tournaments.

unfortunately, i could not agree more

i have gone from 1st to bubble or barely in the money in last couple of days. today i finished 14th or something in a $15 MTT with 1,500 for 1st. the blinds were equal to almost the average stack when i went card dead.

it is a shame to play very well and get busted because you go 10 hands without anything to call with. i'm a big paradise cheerleader, everyone knows that. however, i did get aggravated today. the people punished by this format the most are the people who played the best.

that ain't right. maybe they will address this.

Old 08-31-2004, 01:40 AM

Granny, I have a feeling you could put in a word - I have addressed this with them. Most recently I decided to deposit $50.00 - Played omaha ran up to like $150.00 and lost 3 tourneys in HORRIBLE situations, hence the post.

I e-mailed support and told them my concerns, unlike paradise I recieved no reply. And that is not like the CS they have provided for 6 years now - I immediately withdrewl ALL money I had and I do not plan on playing paradise again now.

I'm also currently on a stars boycott as I keep loosing there, LOL !!!

BTW, I am not Gavin - You have the wrong guy [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]