Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2004, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Can a 15 year old play online poker?

That reminds me...I need to get my allowance money from mommy and daddy.

Hey diablo, play some video games like the rest of your chubby friends, or go play sports with the rest of your athletic friends, or go to ballet class like the rest of your best friends.

Just dont play poker kid. You will lose. No matter how much your friends say they win, they dont. You friends money goes into the pocket of college students and men and women with families to feed.
Your money WOULD be going to a good cause, but as a 2+2er we are telling you not to for your own good.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:51 PM

Only if you are son of El Diablo.

Ole!
Old 08-29-2004, 06:11 PM

Do what you like. Just make sure when you start posting hands that 1/2 and below go to Micro. 2/4 and above, Small Stakes.

And don't whine about bad beats. We've heard/been through them all.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:12 PM

Dont listen to this morons.
Open your account and start practicing at low limits.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:13 PM

It is total sucide! Dont do it kid.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:38 PM

I'm going to disagree with some posters saying poker is your surefire road to doom and suicide.

Just keep things in perspective. Which is hard for a 15-year old to do, let alone an adult. But there's no law against being either smart or mature.

So play for small amounts and stay away from e-bay schemes etc. Just play and learn, expecting it to take months and years before you become an outstanding player, if you ever do. Most don't. If you do, then move up accordingly.

Just don't let your school go because of it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And never go into debt or danger over poker.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:02 PM

I think that if you enjoy playing poker, and are willing to make a conscious effort to ensure that you are a winning player, then by all means you should start playing online. I think that poker is not only a good way to make some spending money at a better wage than any job you could get at 15, but it develops certain qualities such as discipline, patience, and maturity. I wouldn't bother using your parents account, I suggest creating your own and getting a bank account for it. and don't tell your parents. good luck
Old 08-29-2004, 07:21 PM

If you want to save for a car, go out and get a job and save money that way. No 15-year-old should be sitting in the house playing poker for money. Party's rules, and all other sites, clearly say you need to be 18 to play, don't kid yourself otherwise.

Get a cool job where you can hang out with kids your own age, have fun in high school, and get an education.

I'm not picking on you here necessarily, just a general feeling that there are a lot of young people on this site who are wasting their good years of youth sitting in front of 8 Party 3/6 tables each and every day. Or is that one 15/30 game? Can't remember.

Anyway, if you want to mess around with play money, go for it. But you have plenty of time to play poker later, enjoy being young while you can.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:28 PM

Amen
Old 08-29-2004, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, is it allowed for a 15 year old to play under a parent's account? 3 of my friends play at party and they say that it is alright if you play under a parent's account. I found this deal on ebay where you get $75 w/ out deposit in partypoker and my parents said it would be ok just as I dont become a gambling addict. I have tried a few micro limits gamme and managed to pretty much break even. My friends and I have been playing home games for a months and I am pretty decent so this would be another way to save up some money for a car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude you will lose money if you break even on micro.