Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 07:13 PM

Default When to move up/down

I started off with a $1.28 bankroll at pokerstars. Awhile back I withdrew $500 even and left the $1.28. (The $500 is gone BTW)

I played .02/.04 O8 and after 7-8 sessions I was up to $13.
Then I played the $3 in the .05/.10 game and took my bankroll to $18 after a couple sessions. Yesterday I played with $8 on the .25/.50 game and won some money. My bankroll now stands at $27.

Reading the advice on 08poker they suggest playing at any limit you can afford 25xBB - but this scares me as I don't want to reload at all. I want to move up as fast, but also have some fallback points should I need to drop down.

As sad this sounds, I need to make a fresh start with my current roll and looking for some advice on bankroll management.
What limit should I be playing right now? and should things go wrong at what point should I drop down?

PS has the following microlimits: .02/.04, .05/.10 .25/.50

Edit: I said I can't reload, but raketracker owes me around $110 from my play at Empire during Aug. This money will be added to my PS bankroll, but after that no new money is coming in.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Re: When to move up/down

Check out the Internet bonus section here in conjunction with Bonuswhores.com If you can play break even, it should be easy to generate a $1000 bankroll from the Party Skins alone.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:48 PM

"Check out the Internet bonus section here in conjunction with Bonuswhores.com If you can play break even, it should be easy to generate a $1000 bankroll from the Party Skins alone."

I cashed out all of my sng winnings of the last month and left myself with $400 for O8. Within a few days I'll have turned that into around $1k, just off bonuses (clearing at .5/1 LO8). You can make much more, since I'm mainly just doing reloads at party skins.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:04 PM

I admit I was a losing Texas Holdem player but hope I can win at O8. I like 08 more. At present time I have $27 to play with so I can't exactly bonus whore at this stage.
What limit do you think is best at this point?
Old 09-09-2005, 08:08 PM

"At present time I have $27 to play with so I can't exactly bonus whore at this stage."

Sure you do (never too small to whore [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). There are quite a few small bonuses around, check out the crypto sites. They offer matches, usually $25-$50 or so. Check out bonuswhores.com, they have everything you need to know.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:35 PM

I hope that means that you have hit Multi for more than 100, or God forbid, that means you have Gnomes. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 11:58 AM

I started out a couple of years ago grinding away at these Stars micro-limit tables.

1. You aren't going to learn anything there.

2. If you really are winning at this rate, you are costing yourself big money. This is like a college graduate making fries at McDonalds.

When you get the $110, play in the .50-1.00 game until you either lose down to $50 (and move back down to .25-.50) or build enough of a roll to purchase pokertracker and start some serious whoring. Unless you like 6 handed, you will need to spread your money around other sites to move up anyway.

Good luck.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:39 PM

William Hill offers 25 British Pounds for 5 hours of play on their site. 3 tables/1hour = 3 hours played

Not sure what limit is the requirement though.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
William Hill offers 25 British Pounds for 5 hours of play on their site. 3 tables/1hour = 3 hours played

Not sure what limit is the requirement though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good bonus and I clear it every month. However, you must play at least $1.00-$2.00 to clear the bonus and the only way to find good games is to play stud. There is one $1.00-$2.00 O/8 table going sometimes but it's hit and miss. Also, you get hit for a transaction fee when you withdraw the money from your account. Basically, you need to deposit at least $100 around the end of the month, clear that month, the next month after the first, and then withdraw.

Good luck!