Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 01:08 AM

Default This kinda fell in my lap...

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (8 handed) converter

UTG ($7.20)
UTG+1 ($29.10)
MP1 ($9)
MP2 ($24.25)
CO ($16.65)
Button ($4.60)
Hero ($36.10)
BB ($24.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $1.5</font>, UTG calls $1.50, Hero calls $0.75.

I'm usually pretty cautious in an unraised pot, especially when I get rr'd by the BB on a board like this. A set, two pair, overpair, or the bigger straight is all very conceivable. I feel like I screwed this up big time by waiting until the turn to make a more definitive decision, I was also bothered by UTG's flat call.

Turn: ($5.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.5</font>, Hero calls $0.50, BB calls $0.50.

At this point, I'm cc'ing small bets, but laying down to a lot of pressure from BB or UTG.

River: ($6.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.75</font>, UTG calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.75.

100% sure I'm beat, but I'm paying it off.
</font>

I really really really feel like I screwed this up horribly. I should be ecstatic to get it all in on the flop, but I'm a huge vagina. Please let me have it. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Re: This kinda fell in my lap...

With the flush draw out im raising it back to $6 and hoping I can get all my money in on the flop.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:34 AM

Uusually after a min-raise you can be pretty sure they'll stick with their hand. I think you can be comfortable 3 betting this flop without losing him; however, since he has very few outs, calling his raise isn't terrible. The turn and river calls are only excusable because the bets are so small. Maybe you beat 5x and an overpair once in a blue moon.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:37 AM

Yeah, I'm raising that flop. Probably enough right there to put UTG all-in because I have a reputation of abusing short stacks to uphold.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:47 AM

Bottom line, you flopped the nuts and you never raised in the hand. You can't make the most money playing that hand so passively. Re-raise the flop or at least raise the turn. I can understand a river call, but honestly, you are asking for a hurtin' if you can't build a pot.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:56 AM

I really hate the smooth call. Villain with overpair has 25 scare cards on the turn (straight, board pairing, flush). Just put your money in and if you're shown 63 bad break. Move all-in the guy calls. It's a horrible board to slowplay anything. Oh and get a sex change.