Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2005, 10:30 AM

Default Tv company wants to make film about me and online poker. Advice please

Just got off the phone with a TV producer that I had met socialy at a friends birthday dinner party. At said party I got the standard "so what do you do question?" I repled that I played poker full time on the internet. He was fascinated.

About a month passed and just now I got a phone call out of the blue from this Producer saying that he wants to try and commission a film about me and online poker. The guy is a serious player in his field. Conversation was quite hard as I just have had 48 hours of hardcore partying this weekend.

The only problem is that this would involve me qualifiying for the WSOP (This would provide the narrative.)

He is coming to my house tommorrow to film an hours worth of film to send off to BBC3.

Questions I have are:

1. How can I obtain a list of all sites currently running qualifiers to the WSOP?

2. Do you think a poker site would pay my entry to WSOP if they were to recieve consequant publicity associated with the film/documantary? What is the best way of going about sollicitating their interest?

3. This is the most important question. If I dont get support from a poker site. I will probably have to pay for my own sattlites. Yes it would be nice to get a film made about me and shown on National TV but I dont want to go broke playing loads of WSOP sats and ignoring my daily bread and butter grind. I could possibly get a fee of 500-1000 quid from the TV production company, whoopeee. I was maybe thinking of asking to get this fee as sat buy ins.

All opinions wellcome.