Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Frustrated newbie PT stats

Hey (first post) ...
I started out online at Poker Stars 0.05/0.10 tables maybe a month and a half ago, never having played poker before in my life, and performed decently. Quickly learned the benefit of tight play. Then I read SSH and moved up to 0.25/0.50, then 0.50/1.00 as the bankroll permitted.

Now I'm at 1.00/2.00 limit, mostly at Poker Room, and I'm getting killed. Some of it is that you really can't do much when you flop aces up and then the board four-flushes, but I'm positive I've got some terrible leaks.

I imagine there are a million of these "how are my stats" posts, so I apologize already for the redundancy.

Also, I do realize how tiny a 1700-hand sample is, but it's what I have to work with -- and I can't afford to keep losing money while I wait for a bigger DB [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Total hands: 1,707
VP$IP: 17.40%
VP%SB: 30.73%
W$WSF: 30.99%
BB/100: -3.15
WTSD: 31.77%
W$SD: 44.26%
PFR: 7.91%
Agg-F Total postflop: 2.21
Flop: 3.43
Turn: 2.71
River: 1.40
Folded to river bet: 37.50%

I'm really happy with the VP$IP and PFR numbers - I'm pretty sure I'm playing the right hands in the right situations. The games I find myself in are normally pretty tight-passive and a large percentage of hands never make it to showdown. 35-40% seeing the flop is juicy here, so I find a lot of the aggression that works in SSH games and at the Party 0.50/1.00 that I played before is now a great way to end up with the second-best hand at the showdown.

Given that the games are tight, I think the W$WSF should be higher than it is. W$SD is TERRIBLE. This leads me to believe that the WTSD percentage is also too high as well - maybe not too high long-term, but in the middle of a run of cold cards, perhaps I should be folding sooner.

Also, I do wish Agg-F would be higher - especially on the river. I'm not raising for value nearly enough on the end.

BB/100 will take care of itself given time, cards, and patching the holes.

So -- which pieces are missing from this puzzle?

Thanks in advance...

J.