Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2005, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Sklansky DVD

Then you obviously are not aware that it is YOUR responcibility to not post information here about a bootleg. Why bite from the hand that feeds you? ProfessionalPoker was correctly trying to inform you that the product you own is unauthorised, and therefore the rights have been stolen from Ben Tracy and David Sklansky. Relate this to yourself for a moment, would you like it if someone sold your clothing to a third party without your authorization or ability to make a profit?

We all know you had no control over the legality of what you bought, that was not ProfessionalPoker's point, however now that you know that it is a bootleg you should...

A) Contact EBAY to notify them immediatly
B) Refrain from posting about the bootleg here at 2+2
C) Contact Ben Tracy to make him aware as well

Its the right thing to do...

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2005, 02:09 PM

I got the DVD and it is very good. I have already watched it twice! I have some other, more well known DVD's, and they are a lot tougher to sit through. I agree that this DVD is a good supplement to the books, to reinforce some key ideas and to add a voice to the words.

DS should do more of these, he is actually quite engaging on camera. Dare I say he even seemed "nice"?

so, is the second video as good as the first? Is it basically that question and answers session from the group at the beggining of the first video/dvd?
Old 01-08-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then you obviously are not aware that it is YOUR responcibility to not post information here about a bootleg. Why bite from the hand that feeds you? ProfessionalPoker was correctly trying to inform you that the product you own is unauthorised, and therefore the rights have been stolen from Ben Tracy and David Sklansky. Relate this to yourself for a moment, would you like it if someone sold your clothing to a third party without your authorization or ability to make a profit?

We all know you had no control over the legality of what you bought, that was not ProfessionalPoker's point, however now that you know that it is a bootleg you should...

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not my responsibility to do anything of the sort. Ebay has a copyright infringement policy. If Sklansky is too lazy or dumb (oh wait, he has a genius IQ...) to make sure ebay doesn't sell bootleg 2 + 2 merchandise, then it's his problem.

If the guy who is bothering me knows so much about bootlegging AND is a vendor for Sklansky, he can also contact ebay.

Here's my solution:
I won't buy ANYTHING produced by Sklansky and Malmuth ever again from any source. I'll just go to Barnes & Noble and read the books and take notes!
Old 01-08-2005, 02:47 PM

Tek:

I have no idea why you are responding like a common forum troll. Its unfortunate in my humble opinion.

Old 01-08-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion, your post was out of line.And ProfessionalPoker was acting very inappropriately to him.

TT Club, I'm suprised a forum regular and respected poster like yourself would take this stance. The guy wasnt endorsing the bootleg.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:24 PM

So if he bought it at a garage sale would that be as bad?