Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-12-2005, 06:37 PM

Default 25NL AJs

$.10/.25 NL partypoker 10 handed.

Converter is down, so I'll have to do this manually.

Reads: Villan 1 is very very passive. He has 0 post-flop aggression, and is somewhat of a calling station. He has raised 2 pots PF in the last round, and I have called PF, and c-bet with a broadway- he has folded both times. I know he will pay me off if I hit.

No reads on villan 2.

Hero has $29. Villan 1(main villan)covers hero. Villan 2 has $34 and is covered by villan 1.

PF: Villan 2 limps in EP. Folded to Villan 1, who raises to to $1.35. Hero calls with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Villan 2 calls. Everyone else folds.

(~$4.30) Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villan 2 bets $4. Villan 1 calls $4. Hero calls $4.

(~$16.30) Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villan 2 checks. Villan 1 checks. Hero checks.

(~$16.30) River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villan 2 checks. Villan 1 bets $5. Hero folds. Villan 2 folds.

*Should I have raised the flop? I don't know how high my FE is, and I know villan 1 will pay me off. I have position and a strong draw. Should I be raising here?
*You may dislike the PF call, but I think I am ahead of villan here. He has a high PF aggression, but his aggression dies after the flop.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: 25NL AJs

Push

Edited to add- flop
Old 12-12-2005, 06:53 PM

Yes. That's one line you could take with your hand. The idea is to try to win it right there.
As you played it, appearing to be drawing by just calling, you could have bet 1/2 pot on turn representing a straight. Here again you had a chance to win it right there, and still had 9 cards to your flush draw, and 3 more Q's to your straight draw, plus 2 more A's ,plus 2 more J's. for 16 outs . This is a great semi bluff opportunity.
I'm not big on pushing though. You'll get that advice often. IMO don't take it. If you do, the entire table will soon be slow playing their hands to trap you.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:38 PM

Orange, I like your line the whole way, Raising the flop is your only other option here and why would we raise the flop? Villain 1 has proven to be a calling station and against his range here I really don't see more than 45% pot equity with our pair and flush draw, at best! , and as you said FE is next to zero. Also you noted [ QUOTE ]
I know he will pay me off if I hit.

[/ QUOTE ] These points all reinforce the option of calling. All in all, I like your line, even the preflop call, though marginal, leaves you in position post-flop. The only concern at these stakes of just calling pre-flop is that it may become a calling fest behind you.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Push

Edited to add- flop

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I like your line orange.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:56 PM

raising flop isn't bad, but if you know you can get paid off if you hit, calling sounds okay to me.