Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2005, 03:12 AM

Default Posting utg? Do you think this is a reliable tell?

Since I started playing online, I have been shocked by the number of people who come into a game who post UTG, or somewhere else in early position. Without any other information, I normally assume this player is either a.)a loose, impatient player who cannot wait 10 seconds to start giving his $$ away, b.)a new player not familiar with the software, (which means they are normally (a) also, or c.)a multitabler too distracted to notice what they are doing, but this is unlikely because I have been playing long enough to know 99% of multitablers, and most of them are the winning players who are much too aware to make this mistake. Does anyone else use this tell, or find it to be an effective one?

BTW, in b&m ring games (up to 40-80) I have often seen players making seat changes and posting rather than wait 1 or 2 hands till they can come in for free or post the big blind. In this case, the player is ALWAYS a fish, normally a stuck and steaming one at that, and most justify their actions by announcing what the table already knows, "Why not, I play every hand anyways" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2005, 08:21 AM

Default Re: Posting utg? Do you think this is a reliable tell?

I hate the way Party software will unclick the "wait for Big Blind" button if I am fiddling around in the lobby, but won't unclick the "auto-post blind" option.

This leads to accidents [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I guess it is a vague tell, which by definition are unreliable.