Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-31-2004, 11:34 PM

Default Phantom of the Opera

Wow! The movie is even better than the play! I can't wait for Les Miz and the Producers. Phantom of the Opera rocks!
Old 01-01-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Phantom of the Opera

I dunno if I'd say -better- than the play, but it's right up there. They got some great actors/singer for it, and they made great use of the medium.

And yeah, I'd love to see some other musicals transition with as much flair and faithfulness as this and Chicago.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:16 PM

Really? The trailers look HORRIBLE! Actually, they SOUND horrible. This Phantom guy they got CAN'T SING!

When I saw the trailer for the first time, I was profoundly disappointed. Then I thought, "Well, sure you're disappointed. It's only natural to compare him to Michael Crawford, and nobody's going to win that match-up. Give the guy another chance, and let him stand on his own merits."

So I watched another trailer. He sounded WORSE.

Then I started reading about this film. This guy had never sung a role in his life! He was getting voice lessons ON THE SET, while they were filming!

Dircector Joel Schumaker was quoted saying things like, "Hey, it's not MY fault we didn't use Michael Crawford! Andrew Lloyd Webber made that decision." Not a ringing endorsement of his lead actor.

I've been waiting 20 years for this film. But after seeing the trailers, I'll just wait until it's on video, if I bother to see it at all.
Old 01-01-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow! The movie is even better than the play!

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean this one won't put me to sleep like the play did [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]