Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Did all the hilarious dry up around here?

I haven't fallen out of my chair laughing at a story about a cool old man, nasty fat guy or blatent smart ass in a while. What happened to all the hilarious stories guys? Being a college student, I rely on those to get me through studying late at night. Anyone have any good ones?
Old 11-17-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Did all the hilarious dry up around here?

At the Commerce 9/18 last night I had a hand where I flopped trip kings -- the board was KKA, and I had K5 in the BB, saw the flop for free.

Turn brought a T, and I bet again, and some guy just called me. The river was another T, I bet, and he folded QJ face up. Someone at the table asked him why he didn't raise the turn when he made a straight, and he said it's because nobody would have folded three kings, and he wanted to save money if the board double paired.

That was pretty amusing.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:27 AM

Paging Juanez.Please tell us idiots still play at the Gilpin.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:56 AM

Here is one I thought was funny.

So I am playing in an unlimited rebuy tourney with a bunch of fun lovin' older people. If you have ever played in an unlimited rebuy tourny, then you know it is some crazy action until the break.

Here is the deal: "Old Funny Man" goes all-in preflop, then "Old Lady" calls him. "Old Funny Man" flips over pocket nines and "Old Lady" flips up pocket kings. Long story short, there is a nine on the river for winning trip 9's. When the pot is pushed to Old Funny Man, he looks at Old Lady and says "The next time you call me, at least have a hand".

Table goes bezerk laughing.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't fallen out of my chair laughing at a story about a cool old man, nasty fat guy or blatent smart ass in a while. What happened to all the hilarious stories guys? Being a college student, I rely on those to get me through studying late at night. Anyone have any good ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

No funny! No fun!
Old 11-17-2005, 12:32 PM

Because it's far more important that we attend to the serious business of determining whether it's in fact offensive to show one card when mucking. Poker's serious work, man. And I need to know whether I should get offended and start tilting the half-dozen times a night people do this at Foxwoods.

But yes, I miss humor too.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:40 PM

Where is Natedog...that guy cracks me up.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:55 PM

Well this might not be hilarious, but since I've had a few beers this morning [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I managed to at least get a chuckle from myself out of my own wittyness here...

Quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just pointing out that that having your cards dealt short is not quite the worst thing that can happen to you at a table.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope. The worst thing would be more like this...

You're happily playing along. The waitress is kinda foxy, and you're flirting a little with her. You're up a few bux, you've had a few beers. The colts are ahead, and you've got a bennie bet on them to win! Life is grand. Viva Las Vegas!

Then you get aces. You raise before the flop. You get reraised. Two calls, you make a HUGE reraise all-in, everyone calls. The BEST hand you're facing is J2o. The waitress winks at you...

WHAM!!!!! SOME FRIGGIN' JERK WEARING STEEL TOED BOOTS COMES ALONG AND KICKS YOU RIGHT IN THE NUTS!!!!

As an aside, your aces lose to Js2d, who hits runner-runner trip deuces.

The waitress then spills hot coffee in your lap, just in case your nuts weren't sore enough already. At almost the same time you find out she's a man-hating lesbian who was just working your sorry ass for tips. As you're writhing in agony on the floor, you see the jerkoff kicker for the other team make a last minute 59 yard field goal, EVEN THO THEIR TEAM WAS BEHIND BY EIGHTEEN POINTS, thus making certain that you DON'T "cover the spread."

Oh yeah, and they're out of your favorite brand of beer, so they bring you an O-douls.

al
Old 11-17-2005, 03:15 PM

Yes, nice post, man. Let me treat you to an O'Douls sometime.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:16 PM

Damn shame about the beer . . .