Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Agree/Disagree

I'm saying that it is your objective to not get all of your chips in the pot unless you are sure you have the winning hand. SURE you have the winning hand. The object is not to go all in with AQ preflop with 750 chips when the blinds are at 50/100
Old 11-17-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm saying that it is your objective to not get all of your chips in the pot unless you are sure you have the winning hand. SURE you have the winning hand. The object is not to go all in with AQ preflop with 750 chips when the blinds are at 50/100

[/ QUOTE ]
With those blinds and that stack, I would go all in with AQ on the button when folded to me every time. What would you do? Folding is out of the question. Raise? To what? 300? Just plain stupid.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You couldn't be more wrong.In this exact situation I go all in everytime if I'm the first one in.
7k over how long?
Old 11-17-2005, 03:23 AM

are you telling me that would would push all in at a 10+1 in first position with AQ? that's absurd. the play at these tables is so loose, it's not out of the question to be called by J10 and 92. i prefer to be able to see a flop, and outplay people from there, rather then relying on blind luck.

7k = almost 2 years
Old 11-17-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are you telling me that would would push all in at a 10+1 in first position with AQ? that's absurd. the play at these tables is so loose, it's not out of the question to be called by J10 and 92. i prefer to be able to see a flop, and outplay people from there, rather then relying on blind luck.

7k = almost 2 years

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not talking sense...you *want* people to call 700 with JT or 92 if you have AQ. strong hands are often worth more in push/fold situations at lower buyins than at higher ones precisely because your opponents call so loosely.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:30 AM

What's absurd is doing anything else. What are you going to do? Limp? What if someone min-raises? You're gonna call off another 100 leaving you with only 550? Then you fold if you miss the flop?

This kind of action will get you into a world of trouble. You might as well just give away your chips.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
7k = almost 2 years

[/ QUOTE ]

That stat isn't going to blow people away around here.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:59 AM

They rock
Old 11-17-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

7k = almost 2 years

[/ QUOTE ]

See the fact that you're willing to make any kind of statement about whether a play is correct or not without stack sizes, number of players left, etc, kind of indicates you don't know what you're talking about.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:05 AM

$7,000/2yrs or $7,000/730 days = $9.59 a day. Your playing for lunch money?
Closed Thread