Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: The worst TILT character ever...

That's a long way of saying "bad writing".

If their point was to mock internet kids, they went about it about the least sophisticated and stupidest way possible.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:05 PM

The character was clearly a hyberbolic stab at the internet "amateurs". Just like the hands they showed this evening, I think that there had to be a good deal of exaggeration to convey the message to the casual observer (I haven't read the thread but I am sure that there was an uproar about the hands). When you look at it from that point of view, you can at least justify their line to some degree. I thought it was a joke just like most people on the board, but I think the character fit the casual observer's view of the typical internet poker geek. "Pow!" Unreal.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:41 PM

i think the funny part was that he called the all in w/ q9 for 2 pair w/ an obvious straight possibility on board.....

an internet pro would fold there, i wouldn't but then again i'm not an internet pro [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2005, 02:09 PM

obvious straight and flush on 4th street.

"friggin minefield!"

heh
Old 03-04-2005, 02:29 PM

Default HELMUTH NEXT WEEK

maybe he will surpass the internet kid as being an overactor...

nah, that's the way he is in real life

man i love phil.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:05 PM

But, was he anywhere near as bad as the European kid at last years WSOP who SCREAMED and ran around on every showdown? Art imitates life.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:43 PM

When I saw the finger shooting, I told my wife there's no way he'd do that anyone I've ever seen at a poker table. They'd jump across and and beat the crap out of him.

And so would the men.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2005, 04:59 PM

Hey, you got something against 37yr olds!? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Still, the show still captivates me every Thursday, and I've really begun to appreciate "Remedy" by the Black Crowes. Keep it coming ESPN!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sung by a kick-ass band and a 37ish singer by the way. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, let me just start by saying, I'm not another TILT basher...for all of its poker inconsistancies I'm still very entertained by the show, and tonight's episode definitely held my attention.

I do have to complain, however, about this Heidman character they've just added to the roster. Come on, seriously? He's a "22-year-old internet whiz kid" who happens to be about 37? Couldn't they have found someone a little younger to play the part? And what about his little "finger gun shooting" thing when he wins a hand? Oh my gay...that's just terrible.

I'm assuming they were trying to emulate one of "The Crew" members, but it's as if they've gone way over the top and compiled all of the most queer attributes of every Crew member and put it into one, pock-marked, over-aged, flaming character. L-A-M-E. Still, the show still captivates me every Thursday, and I've really begun to appreciate "Remedy" by the Black Crowes. Keep it coming ESPN!

[/ QUOTE ]

was this character even remotely as annoying and ridiculous as that DAAAAAAAAAA! idiot from the WSOP?

No, he wasn't.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
was this character even remotely as annoying and ridiculous as that DAAAAAAAAAA! idiot from the WSOP?

No, he wasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its "JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]