Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 04:49 PM

Default What limits are they spreading at Caesars (IN) for the WSOP Tourney?

How high are the limit games? any 30-60? Do they have no-limit? If so, what are the blings/min-max buy-ins? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: What limits are they spreading at Caesars (IN) for the WSOP Tourne

During the WSOP-circuit tourneys they were spreading up to 20/40 during a weekday afternoon in Tunica (and the whole 'feel' and some of the staff were exactly the same as the WSOP in Las Vegas).

I would guess that they would spread higher when demand warrants so perhaps 30/60 or 40/80 on the weekends would be my guess.

Yes, they also spread no-limit cash-games during these events. Because the demand is there.
2/5 blind no-limit certainly....and I have to imagine they would spread higher than this.

Remember that the Biloxi WSOP-circuit event scheduled for early October had to be cancelled. So i think some of the players who WANTED to go to that might head up to Louisville instead.

Based on the interest in the event shown around here i have a hunch it's going to be pretty well-populated.

(I haven't checked pokerpages so don't know if there are any other significant tournaments during this time in LA or Vegas or AC. Ireland EPT is going on...but that's a non-factor for the Louisville event).
Old 10-19-2005, 06:01 PM

Caesar's always spreads $2-5 NL and always has 10/20 with a full kill. Sometimes a 20-40 game occurs.
I guess there will be some bigger games than normal.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:29 PM

They will be setting up lots of extra tables and will have a lot of additional ring-games for the WSOP-circuit event.

In Tunica in august (and this was pretty much a last-minute WSOP-circuit event that they added on there I believe) there were an extra 30-40 tables or so OUTSIDE the main poker-room.

They have a section of 5-10 tables for single-table satellites ($125 or $225 buy-in...up to $1000 buy-in...you can win a couple of $500 entry-chips to use in the smaller tourneys...or whatever).
There are PLENTY of ring-games to go around.

What Caesar's regularly spreads is borderline irrelevant.

The WSOP-circuit brings in their own dealers and floor and they need the extra tables because there is just so much more action going on.

Our own Chipr777 who is floor at the Horseshoe in Tunica has reported that he will be heading up there as well because the WSOP-circuit needs extra staff.

It would not surprise me too much for there to be as high as 10/25 PLO and NLHE and 40/80 LHE and possibly even 100/200 LHE spread up there on a couple of the evenings.

I'm not saying that they WILL get that high action...but these WSOP circuit events are reasonably popular...and I think this one will draw pretty decently because of the newness of it all to that region as well as the cancellation of the last WSOP-circuit that many players were interested in attending.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: What limits are they spreading at Caesars (IN) for the WSOP Tourney?

I'm heading up tomorrow morning to play in the $300 NL tourney, which my wife said she saw on the WAVE 3 News at Noon was sold out.

We have a room for tomorrow night, and may stay a few extra days based on well it goes.

I'll give a full report on side game action when I get there.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:21 PM

already sold out?!?!

goodness gracious.

there will be lots of people coming in hoping to play in tourneys that they won't be able to get into.
Those ring-games should be pretty hoppin' I suspect (likely with long wait-lists too I suspect).

Good luck John and try to make your win last week look like pocket-change.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
already sold out?!?!

goodness gracious.

there will be lots of people coming in hoping to play in tourneys that they won't be able to get into.
Those ring-games should be pretty hoppin' I suspect (likely with long wait-lists too I suspect).

Good luck John and try to make your win last week look like pocket-change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Bob. Well, gonna try to play well and hope for the best. I think the lessons I learned at WSOP ME will translate well, specifically how Hour 7 of live MTT often translates to Hour 1 of online. Bottom line: Patience is key.

My big decision will be, in the event of an early knockout, to go play 10/20 (which is questionable since I haven't played any serious limit since early summer) or just contintue to play satelites for the bigger events. But hopefully I can run deep enough that it won't come to that.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Re: What limits are they spreading at Caesars (IN) for the WSOP Tourney?

Caesars spreads 40/80 on the weekends some and the 20/40 is always full with a long list.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Caesars spreads 40/80 on the weekends some and the 20/40 is always full with a long list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ivey was there playing 40/80. A buddy told me he flopped quads against Ivey's flopped boat.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:03 AM

I cant tell if that is a joke ot not. If it is true, I am surprised that any of the pros are there this early.