Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Live 1/2 - QTs on the button

I haven't posted here in awhile (since I have been playing more limit than no limit).

BB is a very good player who I have recently won a large pot off of when he played his hand too aggressively against my top two pair. He has rebought and has about $500 in front of him. The table is generally very loose and fishy. I don't know MP1. MP2 is a very loose (and not very good) player that will stay in a big pot with just about any made hand (like TPWK). He will always bet or raise a monster.

Hero have just under $500 and is on the button with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. There are 10 players.

Preflop: There are five(!) limpers to me on the button and I limp. SB folds and BB (villain) raises to $20. Four of the five limpers call and hero closes the action by calling.

Flop (approx $120): K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Villain bets $40. MP1 and MP2 call. Hero calls.

Turn (approx $280): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain bets $100. MP1 all in for about $70. MP2 calls (and has less than $50 left). Hero???

Comments on all streets welcome.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Live 1/2 - QTs on the button

Turn
I must be missing something because it looks to me like a very easy call and definitely not a push because you have no fold value except against villain but you don't want him to fold.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:14 PM

Call, and be careful if the board pairs when you hit your flush. Better to hit your straight though. But, I guess you can't be picky if you went this far. Flop call is on the loose side with only a gutshot going for you. If this were online, I would say beware of the turn card that gives you extra outs, cuz online is rigged to do this, cuz you never ever hit on the river then. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] But this was live and I don't play enough live to know if that is rigged too or not. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this were online, I would say beware of the turn card that gives you extra outs, cuz online is rigged to do this, cuz you never ever hit on the river then. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] But this was live and I don't play enough live to know if that is rigged too or not. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

All poker is rigged.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:40 PM

I think it's an easy call now that you've gotten this far. I'd play it the same way you did up until that point as well.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:46 AM

I'm a bit of a NL moron but what's the theory behind the flop call?
Old 10-03-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a bit of a NL moron but what's the theory behind the flop call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Implied odds.

He is investing $40 to potentially win $500 from the big blind if he can stack him, not to mention what is in the pot already and what the other bad players will put into the pot.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:10 AM

call turn. you're getting 4.5 to 1 and are better than 3 to 1 to hit one of your twelve cards, (although the 4h and 9h you wont like so much).
Old 10-03-2005, 03:36 AM

Preflop is questionable. Because you can build pots exponentially in these loose live games, I don't like investing more than $2 with this kind of a hand, even on the button. Whether the pot is $12 on the flop or $80 on the flop, you can still stack people if you make your hand.

Flop is questionable too.

Turn is an easy call.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:02 AM

Easy call on turn although I'd rather hit the gutter than the flush, one of the shorties might take it down.

If you flush up and the board pairs the river you might have to make a difficult decision, however. Don't know why he bet so small on the turn though.