Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Table Talk

Ok, let me set the scene, and then I'll get into the particulars:

A $100 max $.5-$1 table, decent action (biggest stack was $1200+) but decent players too.

I'm on about $220 for the following hand:

In late position (about 3 before the button) I'm dealt 2 3 4 5 single suited. I throw in a raise to three dollars (it's a typical raise for me, and I make it often so as not to be pinned on a given range of hands).

6 players see the flop, 3 in front of me, 2 behind.

Flop comes A 2 4, with 2 diamonds (not my suit), giving me nut straight and a 4 out boat redraw.

Checked around to me and I bet pot (somewhere in the mid twentys). Cutoff folds and then Button reraises pot (in the vicinity of $90. It's folded back around to me except for the player directly to my right who goes all in for his last $15.

The button is a decent player, who has shown decent hands against me. We have almost identical stacks.

At this point, who folds this hand? At these levels, how much fear of redraws do you have.

Who advocates A) Folding B)Calling or C)Pushing?

Ok, adding a little bit more information. *Before* the action had even got to me, the button declared "daimond redraw" and took no hesitation in raising my original bet. I had no character reads - he hadn't been saying much before this. Does this move change anyone's opinion, if so, in which direction and why?

After a bit of discussion I'll post how it went down.