Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 05:46 AM

Default sorry father-in-law, but i\'m gona have to raise you $8200 w/ 10 high..

future father-in-law regularly plays 10-20nl but seem to stalk hero in 25-50nl whenever hero sees him, mostly when villian is winning. villian thinks hero is the son he never had and constantly nags hero to show cards even when villian is not in the hand. heros wishes villian stop claiming he taught hero how to play because villain is not known for being a winning player. hero is a late position aggressor, villain is an loose aggressor.

25-50nl: 9-handed,
fold, fold, limp, limp, limp,
hero $14000+: 10c-9c, raises to 300(protecting hand)
villain $13000+: ??, raises to 950 (knows hero's capable of such moves and is capable of pushing w/ decent but not powerful hands, hero knows that villian knows this)
everyone folds, hero calls
flop: 8c7h3s
hero checks, villain bets 1000, hero calls 1000 (thinks villian has ethier rockets or ace-high)
turn: qc
hero checks, villain bets 1500, hero raises it to 4000 (trying to represent set), villain ponders for eternity and calls, hero weeps like little girl.
hero puts villian on possible club draw or over pr, set or 2 pr are not possible.
river: 8h
hero bets 8200.....good move??
Old 05-07-2005, 06:30 AM

Default Re: sorry father-in-law, but i\'m gona have to raise you $8200 w/ 10 hi

how would u've played this flop and further on?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2005, 06:57 AM

Would you really value bet 77 so greedily on this river?
Old 05-07-2005, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you really value bet 77 so greedily on this river?

[/ QUOTE ]

pot's over 12k, i had 8k but he didn't. i've seen people value bet alot more on rivers.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:00 PM

So you think he has something like AA/KK or AcKc? Why not QQ? If he doesn't have QQ and has so much respect for you, I would imagine he lays down AA/KK and he obviously lays down AK when he whiffs....When he reraises preflop and gives you credit for a "big hand" does he think you would call his reraise with a hand 77, 33? or a hand with an 8 in it?

I think he either mucked his overpair, or you got shown QQ.

It's easy to bluff players that sweat you, becuase they give you too much respect, but you can't bluff the nuts.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you think he has something like AA/KK or AcKc? Why not QQ? If he doesn't have QQ and has so much respect for you, I would imagine he lays down AA/KK and he obviously lays down AK when he whiffs....When he reraises preflop and gives you credit for a "big hand" does he think you would call his reraise with a hand 77, 33? or a hand with an 8 in it?

I think he either mucked his overpair, or you got shown QQ.

It's easy to bluff players that sweat you, becuase they give you too much respect, but you can't bluff the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i'm capable of having a medium pr here. mostly when it's a multiway pot but his raise just rubs me the wrong way. if he had qq, he woulda blast me off on the turn. he knows that i'm capable of pushing big draws if i feel opponent is weak. he would never slowplay the nut w/ that many draws out there when half his stack's already in the pot. i don't think anyone in their right mind would.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: sorry father-in-law, but i\'m gona have to raise you $8200 w/ 10 high..

what do you guys think of a CR push on the turn? It seems that villain again will only call with QQ. Do you think villain is more likely to call AA on th turn with this push?
Old 05-08-2005, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you guys think of a CR push on the turn? It seems that villain again will only call with QQ. Do you think villain is more likely to call AA on th turn with this push?

[/ QUOTE ]

against loose aggressors w/ a good read, i would make this call w/ aa and see what progesses on the river.