Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Euro bonus!

Just got the offer, 50% up to $200, 30 days to play 10x raked hands. To quote the email:

"So for example, if you deposit $400, you could claim $200 free cash – just for playing poker! Now that’s what I call a real bonus…"

Up yours, Party!
Old 10-14-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Euro bonus!

Isn't that like 2000 hands? I almost threw up trying to clear Empires 1000 raked. No more skins for me. Looks like I'm following the herd.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:32 PM

Excellent! Unfortunately, it must be account specific (ala Party). I didn't get this email -at least not yet [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 01:34 PM

i wouldnt say i had an easy time w/ empire but i didnt htink it was that bad. it was just, different. steal more blinds, more shorthanded 2 or 3 person games, etc. i actually enjoyed it since i was actually able to put peopple on hands.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:51 PM

Do they have that cashout rule? i.e. can't get the bonus if you cashed out within the last 14 days.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i wouldnt say i had an easy time w/ empire but i didnt htink it was that bad. it was just, different. steal more blinds, more shorthanded 2 or 3 person games, etc. i actually enjoyed it since i was actually able to put peopple on hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. It's not as bad as people are making it out to be, it's just not as good either. I've been playing at Empire with juice for the last 6 months or so. This is the first time I have cleared a bonus and immediately withdrew all funds. I don't really care if they come after me or not. I might play there for bonuses still, or I might not. I think the skins are going to have to scramble to keep custoners, and there may be some good offers in the future. Till then, I'll play around with some other options.

I guess I need to figure out how much 'juice' added to my winrate and see if it is worth it. My guess is, players that sign up at skins, got in with an affiliate and know the ropes. Most of them anyway. Now that the pond is smaller, they will be heading for bigger waters and the skins might dry up. If fewer hands are raked, your rebate is going to be less.

But who knows? I'm trying to be optomistic about the whole thing.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't that like 2000 hands? I almost threw up trying to clear Empires 1000 raked. No more skins for me. Looks like I'm following the herd.

[/ QUOTE ]

In 30 days! You only have 10 for Empire. Even if you have to play double to get the raked, that's 4000 hands in a month, or about 150 a day. C'mon!
Old 10-14-2005, 02:29 PM

yeah the empire PLAYOCT bonus is owning me. 6 or 7 days to go, 700 raked hands to play.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:44 PM

You mean the Euro bonus, or the Empire one? The Empire one was a popup (you need to log in to get it) that was for everyone. I dunno about the Euro, but there's a lot of traffic about it in the bonuses forum.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do they have that cashout rule? i.e. can't get the bonus if you cashed out within the last 14 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea. Check the T&C.