Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: 80-160 hand

<yawn>

nit
Old 10-10-2005, 06:26 PM

Happy now?
Old 10-10-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Results

In this hand, I was pretty sure that the cutoff put me on nothing. I wanted to let him bluff his money off on all streets, and figured that if I waited until the river, I may get paid off from more hands on the raise. In the event that I am wrong and he has a real hand, it's going to be hard for him to reraise me, since he'll think I either am going to fold to his reraise or I have him beat. Once my kicker doesn't play, I didn't really like my plan as much, but maybe I should have. I think the river plan is actually quite interesting, and am surprised that calling down is what people like.

This time, I got "lucky" he had K6s, and hit running trips to beat me. Now tell me about my plan. I'm getting all kinds of action from no pair, no draw.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:40 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Results

Old 10-10-2005, 06:41 PM

There's 5 cards lower than an 7 and 6 cards higher than a 7. Why would your kicker not playing be a factor since you're more than likely beat anyways if he has an Ace? In fact the board pairing should make you more inclined to raise because now if if the guy has A-8 you at least chop.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In this hand, I was pretty sure that the cutoff put me on nothing. I wanted to let him bluff his money off on all streets, and figured that if I waited until the river, I may get paid off from more hands on the raise. In the event that I am wrong and he has a real hand, it's going to be hard for him to reraise me, since he'll think I either am going to fold to his reraise or I have him beat. Once my kicker doesn't play, I didn't really like my plan as much, but maybe I should have. I think the river plan is actually quite interesting, and am surprised that calling down is what people like.

This time, I got "lucky" he had K6s, and hit running trips to beat me. Now tell me about my plan. I'm getting all kinds of action from no pair, no draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

What made you think he put you on nothing?
Old 10-10-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In this hand, I was pretty sure that the cutoff put me on nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was he betting the river hoping for a bluff raise?
Old 10-10-2005, 08:25 PM

Okay, this kind of reminds me of a hand and a situation when the floorman was called over.

A couple of weeks ago, I was talking to Michael Davis on the phone, while playing a hand. A sort of random lady raises in the CO. (I was on the phone and hadn't been defending much anyway.) I call in the blind w/Kxs. The flop comes K high, with a flush draw,but not mine, and I plan to sort of rope a dope it, you know, kind of like what you did, maybe a check/call, check/call, maybe value bet the river, I don't know yet.

Now, however, when the river comes, there's now a one card straight possible with a T. So now, I bet. The lady turns over her hand. It's KJ for 2-pair. Next thing I know the lady is screaming because the dealer scooped her hand into the muck. I look down and see she's scooped up my hand as well.

The floorman is called over. After a lot of yelling and screaming of stuff like: "He had flush draw! He had flush draw!" it's obvious that little can be done but to push me the pot.

After the lady calmed down a little, I told her, that I had had a Ten. The lady yelled "I don't care what you have!" and started going a little crazy again.

(Micheal Davis and mike l. said I had Qxs. I'm pretty sure I had Kxs, but I told Michael what happened as soon as the lady stepped away from the table, and mike later that night.)
Old 10-10-2005, 09:16 PM

Are you just needling me now? If he does put me on a hand, why not checkrasie the river? Maybe he's afraid I would check the river with some ragged pair. Maybe he just played badly and got lucky. Maybe I did and got unlucky. Oh, enlighten me, masked one.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:17 PM

He checkraised me with K6, no draw on the flop and lead on the turn. Most of the time, this is a bad course of action if I have a good hand.