Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 12:36 PM

Default A new posting challenge

Pax made a really good point here. There was also a good post in the past couple of months about trying to focus on your hands where you did something really well, won or lost, that I seem unable to find. Here's the challenge: stop posting hands that you lost. Completely. Find interesting things, confusing things, whatever, in your winners.

Turn it around on us. Like I did here, with my QQ post from the Villan's perspective. I thought I played my KK really well, and I thought Villan overplayed QQ, and I wanted to know if anyone could justify Villan's play.

But, seriously, stop focusing on hands you don't win. "Should I have seen Button's 64o coming when I PFR'd my AKs from UTG+1 with a board of AK753r?" "I had AA, the flop came Q-high, should I have played this hard?" Yada-yada-yada. It's getting too predictable. Now, I know there are WAY more of these than of the, "I won, and lookit how well I protected my hand on the turn," variety (roughly five or six times as many not-winners as winners, for most of us, all hands counted), but that will reduce the total number of posted hands and possibly engender better discussion. Not to mention that you might find some hands that you're playing like [censored] and winning anyway, you LAGs.

Just a thought. I, for one, am running out of long, funny ways of saying SIIHP.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: A new posting challenge

Here's the post I was looking for. It was, naturally, Wookie.