Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 08:57 PM

Default 100-200 Hand

A hand from my trip. 1-2 holdem at Commerce.

Too loose, too aggressive woman opens in MP with a raise. She is terrified of me. There is a cold-caller somewhere near the button. The SB calls, and he is terrible. I call with Kd6d.

Flop: Jc 6c 3s.

SB checks, I bet. Woman raises. folded to SB, who calls two cold. I call.

Turn: 3d.

SB checks, I check, woman bets. SB calls. I checkraise. Woman gets pissed and mucks. SB calls.

River: 6h. SB checks, I bet. He calls.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: 100-200 Hand

I think you've effectively represented A3c or a flopped set enough times on the turn to make pissed lady fold the best hand far more than you need to to be profitable. The SB could have anything - including hands that beat yours, but there are enough draws that this stab is worth it. His presence in the hand actually helps protect your hand well enough that when he is on just a draw(or a 6 with a worse kicker) your equity goes up enormously with the raise.

I am curious as to what you would have done on the river unimproved - but given the river card the value bet is of course obvious.
-James
Old 02-22-2005, 09:30 PM

im curious about the turn checkraise. You consider this a value raise with some chance of folding out a player who you have tight control of and may have a better hand. Right?

peace

john nickle
Old 02-22-2005, 09:59 PM

you had the best hand the whole way against complete retards and the board was never scary. let's get on to a hand where you face a decision that's tough.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:00 PM

"I think you've effectively represented A3c or a flopped set enough times on the turn to make pissed lady fold the best hand far more than you need to to be profitable."

lmfao, yeah right
Old 02-22-2005, 10:01 PM

"You consider this a value raise with some chance of folding out a player who you have tight control of and may have a better hand. Right?"

if he thought that he's delusional. the lady had AQ, if that, and she did lay that down out of fear. i think something like A9 or QT is more likely.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:22 PM

okay good to see i wans't too off base, my reaction was same as mike's i don't think he's really reprsenting a 3 yet or a set.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:34 PM

so the check raise is purely for value...

I didnt think he was behind, but i thought that checkraising the turn would also have worth in that occasionaly you might get the aggressive lady who is afraid of hero to fold a better hand.

peace

john nickle
Old 02-22-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he thought that he's delusional. the lady had AQ, if that, and she did lay that down out of fear

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? i've never played this high a limit, but I think that there has to be at least a chance that she'd fold a PP here < J... this is a pretty powerful sequence taken by hero here on the flop and turn. i thought that was a little part that might make this move a little better. of course getting her to fold if she has 2 overs is a very good result.

I'm not saying its likely that she'd fold better hand, but is it really delusional to think that if she did in fact have 77 - TT that she MIGHT fold?
Old 02-22-2005, 11:13 PM

"but is it really delusional to think that if she did in fact have 77 - TT that she MIGHT fold?"

i think so. but sucker said the game he played was nothing like the one i described or something so who knows..