Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Sucker\'s Commerce Trip Report

My memory is amazing for about 60 seconds, then it fades. Long enough for the stud hand to play out. I also wanted to play since I haven't gotten a chance to play it, and a seat was open. It's tiring, though, especially since things were moving pretty fast for me. Hold em was much more relaxing, and nobody was robbing my blinds. I had them all scared of me, believe it or not.

I still like my car, even though it's garbage. I may get a second one, though, so you won't be so mean to me about it.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you write like i do

[/ QUOTE ]

No I don't.

[ QUOTE ]
nice trip report

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:42 PM

Are we really arguing about the spelling. This is so silly.

[ QUOTE ]
otoh, we have many korean players here in la (the game is of korean origination) who have determined the correct spelling is badugi.

[/ QUOTE ]
The game is of european origin and everyone everywhere in the world except for the small pool of koreans you have played with at the bike (I assume the bike) has determined that that is not the correct spelling. It doesn't matter as it is just a spelling issue and I'm sure you know a lot more about proper strategy in the game then I do and have probably played it a lot more than I have, but that really doesn't change the fact "padooki" is the much, much more widely-used spelling, as you could have verified in two seconds by using google or something similar. I have never seen or heard anyone other than the people you refer to spell it that way and there is no reason they get to "determine the correct spelling" anymore than they could start spelling "stud" with a q and proclaim that to now be how it is spelled. Yes, that is may be a more correct transliteration of how korean people pronounce it. It's silly for everyone who hangs around Koreans to declare that people who don't spell words as if they were pronounced by Koreans is wrong.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:55 AM

Definately called padooki in the UK.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:39 PM

They spell it with a B at the commerce but is is much more frequently spelled with a P. I played 75.150 BOTH. 200-400 PT, and 100200 BOTHRSS8Shlnoqualifer man the games are good.

Cheers