Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Xbox 360 vs. PS3

[ QUOTE ]
Rumor of the last 2 days is that the PS3 is going to be delayed until late 2006 or 2007. I guess there is a coolant problem and after moderate use it overheats. Sony fired the whole dev team and is trying to sort out the problem.

Again just a rumor from the BBC and one other non-credible source.

LDT

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who believes they fired the whole dev team is pretty stupid [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-31-2005, 08:48 PM

Linky
Old 10-31-2005, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Linky

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah i uh kinda knew about J's comments already. Slipping which we've all expected for a while and firing the whole dev team are two different things. I guess maybe you don't understand that one can happen without the other.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:55 PM

It is absolutely wrong to think they did that. So Im assuming that you would believe that when Halo 2 got pushed back for six years, they fired all of bungie.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:58 PM

Whoa I never said I believed anything. I don't even follow console's sheesh. I just heard this the other day and thought it was interesting. And then this thread popped up.

Sheesh you guys are aggressive. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

LDT
Old 10-31-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is absolutely wrong to think they did that. So Im assuming that you would believe that when Halo 2 got pushed back for six years, they fired all of bungie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Halo two did not get pushed back 6 years. Halo shipped [censored] nov 2001. Halo 2 shipped nov 2004. God you people suck at math.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i expected you to have a reasoned opinion and i was going to suggest some things for you to look into, that's all. the 'shrug not into handhelds' comment surprised me because of that. i didn't link this and the nvidia/ati thread together until now, but it generally looks like you don't have logical reasons for your tech perspectives. you don't have to worry about similar 'overreactions' in the future because i won't give you default credit for it next time. that's all i was doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you did give me entirely too much credit! I'm not sure when I have ever claimed to be an expert on anything. I give my opinions and that's all they are, opinions. They can be bad, good, or in the somehwere in between. It's other people, like you, who get to pass these judgements.

I get very tired of defending my opinions on every little thing from each person who disagrees with me, so I usually don't feel a need to explain myself all that much. However, to say that my opinions are based on nothing would be false. They are based on my own logic and experiences.

For instance, I have always had bad experiences with ATI, and trust Nvidia as a company much more than them. Is that brand loyalty? Yep. Nvidia gets my dollars for how much better their products have worked for me over the years. There is nothing wrong with that. When I said that card was the best, it's because I know Nvidia's drivers have always been more solid, regardless of the recent improvements ATI has made.

If that opinion is wrong, so be it.

The DS:

I don't like it.

The main 'features' of the DS are not that appealing to me. And I'm sorry, but it is a Nintendo gimmick.

Here is the definition of "gimmick" I am using:

"b : an ingenious or novel mechanical device

It is novel:
"1 : new and not resembling something formerly known or used"

I did not say that the DS was inherently bad for being a gimmick. All I was saying is that it is a gimmick, and that's not something I generally like from Nintendo. Call that stupid if you will, but the only reason for my opinion is that these gimmicks usually aren't very compelling to me. I'm not suggesting that new things are bad, but Nintendo's gimmicks are almost always weird and uninteresting to me.

Friend:
"Ohh, look! it has two screens!"

Me:
"Hmm. I don't want that, just like I didn't want the last 500 things they've tried to sell me."

Friend:
"Ohh, look! That console has a handle!"

Me:
"Great."

I'm not interested in Nintendo's clever new gimmicks most of the time. But I'll always give them a chance to prove me wrong just because they made Mario Brothers. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Now I'm late, so it's time to for me to get out of here.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:25 PM

i love watching people fight over stupid [censored] like this
Old 10-31-2005, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Halo two did not get pushed back 6 years. Halo shipped [censored] nov 2001. Halo 2 shipped nov 2004. God you people suck at math.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, oh, look at me, Im stabn, I dont understand hyperbole [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

jk, and to linky poster, I wasnt saying that you said it, I have heard people saying this earlier, and it seems illogical.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i love watching people fight over stupid [censored] like this

[/ QUOTE ]

who's fighting?

I love that emoticon.. pure hotness.