Raise 6 5.66%
Call 33 31.13%
Fold 67 63.21%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2005, 09:55 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default Re: Online Poker Tycoon !

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you would be broke in scenario 1. 6 months of full tables = lot$ of rake

[/ QUOTE ]

LOOOOOOOOOOOL okay, small change for the meticoulous, irritating detailgraving members of this magnificent highIQed forum:
Change any detail you wish to whatever it makes sense to you and then focus on the important question? Do you rig your site for profit or not?

Ps: If some of you wish you can add that you are living on the pole north with Santa and drinking tea in the afternoons with the ice queen. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 10:01 PM

who cares about screwing over poker players if you get 10 bunnies in your bed EVERY NIGHT.

I mean anyone can do it for one night if they have 50k to waste.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where is the option in the poll that isn't so extreme?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is yes or no difficult? Were you (or maybe still are) a member of the debate/bore me to death monthly book club? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<---Founder and CEO. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 10:17 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who cares about screwing over poker players if you get 10 bunnies in your bed EVERY NIGHT.

I mean anyone can do it for one night if they have 50k to waste.

[/ QUOTE ]

It can be done for far less than 50K and with far more beautiful chicks than the ones you find in playboy!

Glad to see somebody has the priorities right [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 10:24 PM

The most interesting about this poll so far, is not that twice as many have admitted they would be dishonest, but that most readers chose not to vote. If we are all as honest as we claim to be, why is it so difficult to just vote for the honest scenario?

As mentioned earlier, denial is the easy way out......
Old 09-26-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The most interesting about this poll so far, is not that twice as many have admitted they would be dishonest, but that most readers chose not to vote.

[/ QUOTE ]
I explained this in the third reply, you trolltard. The two options you gave are not in any way descriptive of real, actual life. Hence reasonable people choose not to participate in your utterly moranic poll. <font color="white">Please step in front of a speeding bus.</font>
Old 09-26-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The most interesting about this poll so far, is not that twice as many have admitted they would be dishonest, but that most readers chose not to vote.

[/ QUOTE ]
I explained this in the third reply, you trolltard. The two options you gave are not in any way descriptive of real, actual life. Hence reasonable people choose not to participate in your utterly moranic poll. <font color="white">Please step in front of a speeding bus.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, you mean that there is more than just honesty and dishonesty?
I would [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]looooooooove [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to hear more about the other possibilities.
Some quick thoughts:
- rigged only during weekends.
- only if I need more than 10 bunnies that night.
- the local dictator is playing.
- my sister's best friend is visiting, she'a babe and I want to impress her.
- only when my mom says it's ok.
- depending how badly my prostata is hurting.
- never on sundays.
[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2005, 12:02 PM

Your priorities are defensive.
You want to retain the fish you've already got. This is self-defeating. The fish you already got will still go broke whether you rig the site or not. if the supply of fish was limited, and there was no way to get even more fish tomorrow, maybe this defensive approach would be worthy of consideration. But new fish are plentiful.

You need to think more aggressively. Go after new fish. Advertise and market aggresively, get your site on TV, do everything fish likes. If you invest your money into attracting many thousands of fish, you won't care that they go bust too quickly, and you won't have to come up with expensive schemes to rig the site.
If you decide to rig in a fashion you describe, you will need to separate fish from sharks. If you start to feed your fish too soon, you will have a very hard time separating winners from losers. Your rigging algorithms will have a greater chance of showing a statistical anomaly.
If a real statistical anomaly is discovered and documented by the multitudes of Poker Tracker owners, the discovery can be confirmed, published and widely disseminated by your competitors. If they have the facts against you, and the experts confirm the facts, your marketing campaigns will suddenly become much less effective. Your site dies.
Are you willing to take the risk? Are you proficient enough in statistics to develop rigging algorithms that will not show long-term statistical anomalies?
Old 09-27-2005, 12:23 PM

I remember when I first started posting here. You seemed well respected and sane. What happened?