Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Manny Ramirez

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i never said anything about manny batting 7th. i dont know what youre angry at me about that.

what i did say: "techno is right here. there was tons of trash directed at the yankees coming from indians fans"

i still dont see how that is untrue.

[/ QUOTE ]

that may be true, but it wasn't coming from Victor. returning trash talking is fine and dandy, but it should be directed at an original trask-talker, not a bystander who happens to share allegiances.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't talking trash to victor. one of the other yankee fans was, and i was just saying "to be fair there were a lot of indians fans being sort of obnoxious when the indians were on fire." i dont even remember who, i ignored most of them.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:00 PM

i was asked by victor if i felt better about myself putting the indians down, and i said yes, in fact, i did
Old 10-04-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is unlikely that Manny be placed on waivers specifically because the Mets appear to have interest in Manny. Why give him away for free when you get something for him? Additionally, the Yankees are clearing a good bit of payroll this year I believe (Brown, Williams, Matsui is a free agent)...I don't think the Red Sox front office is going to be willing to risk seeing Manny playing for the Yanks next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brown is done, Bernie will prob sign a very reduced deal to DH for a year or two, or retire, and Hideki will cost (although there's a miniscule chance he goes back to Japan). Yes, there's money coming off the books. I'm not sure the Yanks would want to spend it on a guy like Manny though, if they want to spend it at all.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Brown is done, Bernie will prob sign a very reduced deal to DH for a year or two, or retire, and Hideki will cost (although there's a miniscule chance he goes back to Japan). Yes, there's money coming off the books. I'm not sure the Yanks would want to spend it on a guy like Manny though, if they want to spend it at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the Yanks want to scale back their payroll significantly, Manny makes absolutely no sense for them. But can't you see the press release now? "Unlike the Red Sox, the Yankees are willing and will continue to use as much of our revenue as possible to field a World Series contender."