Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Anybody feeling Penn State over OSU?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As someone who went to Penn State for the last four years let me say this...

Michael Robinson has all the athletic talent in the world but has the history of making absolutely terrible decisions and throws at random times. However, this has been better the last two games.

I've seen major games at Beaver Stadium and the place will be shaking...remember it seats 108,000 fans and will be packed.

PSU is looking to prove something, and this has upset city written all over it.

Overall, OSU is the better team and "should" win, but I wouldn't touch this game either way. If PSU's D comes out like it did against Northwestern they don't have a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, Penn States stadium rocking when visitors are on the field isnt even as loud as OSU fans are when Ohio State is at home on offense.

Easy win for the Buckeyes, a 10 point line would be tempting for this absurdly overrated Penn State team. Apparently if you beat patsy Northwestern in a nail biter and then beat an overrated Minnesota team you should only get 3 against a top teir team.

btw, OSU alum as if you couldnt tell [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been to both PSU games as well as one OSU game. And I can honestly say Beaver Stadium when Penn State is 3-100 is MUCH louder than the Horseshoe when OSU is a top 10 team. And it's not close. PSU is a diehard football school, and not just when we have a good team. I'd love to see other 3-win teams bring in 90K people to see their team play.

(I realize this has nothing to do with sports betting but I felt compelled to back up my school.)

[/ QUOTE ]

sure thing, im sure your opinion isnt biased at all. What do you mean, 90K would come see a 3-10 team in their stadium? That would happen at OSU if we ever went 3-10. OSU never gets below 95k and thats if theres a natural disaster.

bottom line, an overrated PSU team goes down in flames this weekend.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As someone who went to Penn State for the last four years let me say this...

Michael Robinson has all the athletic talent in the world but has the history of making absolutely terrible decisions and throws at random times. However, this has been better the last two games.

I've seen major games at Beaver Stadium and the place will be shaking...remember it seats 108,000 fans and will be packed.

PSU is looking to prove something, and this has upset city written all over it.

Overall, OSU is the better team and "should" win, but I wouldn't touch this game either way. If PSU's D comes out like it did against Northwestern they don't have a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, Penn States stadium rocking when visitors are on the field isnt even as loud as OSU fans are when Ohio State is at home on offense.

Easy win for the Buckeyes, a 10 point line would be tempting for this absurdly overrated Penn State team. Apparently if you beat patsy Northwestern in a nail biter and then beat an overrated Minnesota team you should only get 3 against a top teir team.

btw, OSU alum as if you couldnt tell [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been to both PSU games as well as one OSU game. And I can honestly say Beaver Stadium when Penn State is 3-100 is MUCH louder than the Horseshoe when OSU is a top 10 team. And it's not close. PSU is a diehard football school, and not just when we have a good team. I'd love to see other 3-win teams bring in 90K people to see their team play.

(I realize this has nothing to do with sports betting but I felt compelled to back up my school.)

[/ QUOTE ]

sure thing, im sure your opinion isnt biased at all. What do you mean, 90K would come see a 3-10 team in their stadium? That would happen at OSU if we ever went 3-10. OSU never gets below 95k and thats if theres a natural disaster.

bottom line, an overrated PSU team goes down in flames this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I promise you that if OSU missed bowl games 3 out of 4 years they would not be drawing 90k to their [censored] games.

I was at the game three weeks ago against a [censored] team and the place was rocking.

When PSU beat Nebraska 3 years ago...another nationally televised night game that would start Nebraska's big fall...the place was so loud I was told the announcer said

"My god I have never seen anything like this." End quote.

Just watch [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It is the second largest stadium, after all, and the fans, most of whom have been coming to PSU games their entire lives, have been dying to cheer for five years now. The stadium is going to shake.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
illinois football = the only 1AA school in the big ten

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha your proving my point. If Illinois can win 6 of the last 8 there, it's not intimidating.

BTW: Indiana is a 1AA school too. Cannot wait for this week's toilet bowl verse the Hoosiers.

PS: I hope the Big10 doesn't put a salary cap in, it will really hurt the Buckeyes.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:39 PM

[quote/] bottom line, an overrated PSU team goes down in flames this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

not a penn state alum here...so not speaking from that angle....
how are they overrated? they are the lowest ranked undefeated team...
Old 10-04-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They looked like [censored] against NW and barely pulled it together in the forth quarter.

Minn. was the only decent team they've played this year.

They might not be overrated, but they have yet to prove anything. People all over the country are jumping on the PSU bandwagon and they have yet to beat a good team.

However, they always play OSU tough and they looked great against Minn.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They looked like [censored] against NW and barely pulled it together in the forth quarter.

Minn. was the only decent team they've played this year.

They might not be overrated, but they have yet to prove anything. People all over the country are jumping on the PSU bandwagon and they have yet to beat a good team.

However, they always play OSU tough and they looked great against Minn.

[/ QUOTE ]

And how many good teams has OSU beaten? One. Iowa, who is no better than Minnesota. Slow your roll there killer. You might be in for a bit of a shock Saturday night.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I sure am. I think Michael Robinson will create problems for the Buckeyes defense. Penn State's offensive line is playing extremely well.

[/ QUOTE ]

this defense handled vince young very well and absolutely destroyed iowa qb drew tate who was all big10. you think marcus robinson is gonna be a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

No he thinks MICHAEL Robinson is going to be a problem. Kinda hard to sound like you know what you're talking about when you can't get the name right with the quote right in front of you. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I sure am. I think Michael Robinson will create problems for the Buckeyes defense. Penn State's offensive line is playing extremely well.

[/ QUOTE ]

this defense handled vince young very well ... you think marcus robinson is gonna be a problem. .

[/ QUOTE ]

346 yds and 2 TD passes is 'handling him well?'

Huh, whaddya know.

Naj
Old 10-04-2005, 11:53 PM

No credit for being that close to beating the #2 team in the country? Poor Penn State fans going to get themselves all pumped up for an upset, and going to just be upset that they lose by 3 TDs.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No credit for <font color="green"> losing to </font> the #2 team in the country?

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP