Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Party Despicable

Hi My Fellow players.
On Saturday as you know Party pulled the plug on their skins, Without any prior notice to the skins..
What a fantastic move on party's behalf to ensure that they end up in court.
The stock market reacted in the way we thought it would.
They did this to improve their share price; in the short term.I see this has worked beautifully (lmao)

But when the full truth emerges of how badly party gaming has behaved how you do think the market will react? , will party sell more shares?
Would you buy shares from a company that behaved in this way?
The Eurobet poker cashier is run by party, so party are responsible for the cashier not working.
Party just left everyone in the lurch.

I have seen some stupid moves in my time but this takes the sea biscuit.
I dare Mr O Malley to come on here and deny that party hadn’t given notice to the skins.
More importantly does any one think that gala the new owners of Eurobet now valued at 4bm are just going to lay down ?

I refuse to play at a site which is run by people that have the morals of an alley cat.

Good luck to Eurobet.
Let’s get it on.

BobTastic
Old 10-11-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Party Despicable

It was an excellent business decision. Why should they prop up skins who are slow to cooperate with their security measures (such as bot testing, duplicate accounts), and cost them money in rakeback?

I applaud them for their efforts and it would make me more likely to buy their stock. It should for you too if you think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
I refuse to play at a site which is run by people that have the morals of an alley cat.

[/ QUOTE ]
If that's how you feel, maybe you should consider quitting online poker. There are no sites that are a golden shining example of morality, however catchy their store front or customer service may look to you (or more to the point, however good their rakeback deal)
Old 10-11-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Party Despicable

I suspect Party have done nothing outside of the contracts ie have left the skins on the network. Why are people surprised about this it was always going to happen if not now then when the contracts were up for renewal.

I also dont understand why people are getting so worked up (apart from rakeback) its corporate business I dont see why everyone has all these huge loyalties and are talking about fighting back etc.

Chances are Eurobet/Coral will pull out and join one of the other networks or setup their own incorporating gals's bingo etc as well.

Why worry about billion pound companies.