Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Oh so it\'s like that?

400 NL 9 handed
My first orbit I pick up QQ around the CO. UTG+1(700) makes it 16, guy in MP calls(300), I make it 55 to go. UTG+1 folds MP calls.

Flop:2 4 9 with two clubs.

MP open pushes for 250.

Hero?
Old 11-01-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Oh so it\'s like that?

These are always fun hands. I'd fold.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:13 PM

Well the way i see it with no information on the player he can only have a few possible hands he ethier has top pair 9's unlikely because he should have folded preflop A flush draw most likely the nut flush or king high or he's flopped a set. if he does have top pair you have him dominated and if he has the flush draw you are still 59% to win. now if he has a set you drawing nearly dead and he could also have kk or AA but I am highly doubting this because he didnt not rasie preflop so 2 out of 3 hands that he is likely to have you will have him beat rerasie.

Sneakychicken
Old 11-01-2005, 09:26 PM

To start with, you can't raise an all in. To end with, his mostly likely hand range is A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (x is often a K) or AA/KK. Somewhere in the middle, villain did call a raise PF, it's not like he limped.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:53 PM

Call its most likely 77 88 TT JJ. Most people don't have enough patience to smoothcall two raises with AA and to a lesser extent KK. This leaves 99, KK as the realistic hands for the villain that we lose to. And if the villain has top set he'll probably want to give you a free card not try and make you fold. He's putting you on AK if he's a standard donk and acting accordling. You'll lose this maybe 20% of the time to KK and win it 80% of the time against his pocket pair/bluff.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:06 PM

I hate these ones but I think it's a fold too. Don't think a set would play so aggro but AA defo makes sense and if not you're up against some kind of Ax [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] combo probably AK or a pair, so it's a slight favourite/big dog situation. Do you really think TT/JJ pushes after a raise and a reraise preflop?
Old 11-01-2005, 10:19 PM

I'd call. If you're against 15 outs then you have to call for the dead money. AA probably raises pre but KK could very well play like this and TT, JJ are less likely but possible. Especially if you have the Q of clubs. You have redraws too.