Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Why do you keep playing online?
I don't. I play only live poker 2 2.30%
Because I am a winning player no matter how rigged it is 56 64.37%
I am addicted to gambling/poker and I can't stop 15 17.24%
I don't know why, I just play like everybody else 14 16.09%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Party 55, calling down with AK

I generally don't mind getting my money in with TPTK at a 55. Your line isnt terrible. Sometimes I'm going to make it 150 out of the BB with AK then lead the flop for at least half the pot even if u miss. If i hit my top pair and am only against one opponent I may get tricky with it and attempt to somehow be deceptive (like check the flop and bet the turn and river)
Old 10-06-2005, 12:37 PM

If you pot the flop and he makes a similarily sized raise you'll be in real nice shape to c/r the turn all-in. As it stand I bet the turn and have no problem getting allin.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pop this pre flop with that many people in. Now way you want to be hitting a 5 way flop with a one pair type hand. Also, picking up the 75 in the pot already is not insignificant.

Edit - wow, I'm the only one who said fold at some point. This hand is trouble: a one pair hand OOP against someone who popped your bet with two people left having not acted. KQ is certainly possible, but so is 33. I really have a hard time putting villain on a hand here, but you are in a position to lose the most when behind and win the least when ahead. I think your best line is reraising the flop and folding to any further significant action, but that really is two of your choices combined.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a leak of mine is not being able to fold tptk here. But I would bet aggressively flop-rvr b/c I fear the flush. Villain might also fear a flush and OP's actions suggest that he is chasing. Villain having 2 pair or a set is certainly a possibility,as well as top pair...
Old 10-06-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise pre flop and make your life easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really know where you're at on the flop... I might repop it and lay down to a push... but villains range is so large, I don't really know where we're at.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: preflop

I agree its a touchy situation being in the BB with so many limpers, but i raise to 50 here preflop. I think on the 55s, people understand that is a 3+XBB raise. on the 33s, they routinely raise to 100 on the 10/15 with crap. Hopefully this is not lost at the 55s, havent played there in a while.

If you raise this preflop OOP like this, I think you take this pot down on the flop with another raise. If you dont, then you might be worried about a set...but, the 7 on the turn wouldnt be nearly as scary in my mind, because hopefully the preflop raise will have weeded out the weak/suited connectors that limped into the pot. Without the preflop raise, you really dont have much clarity in this hand and ended up pushing. again, i would think a preflop raise allows you to take down the pot on the flop and more confidently bet the turn.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:13 PM

Not raising preflop is just terrible.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:07 PM

i raise pf
reraise the flop
bet out or c/r the turn
get all my chips in on the river

i think he has 33
Old 10-06-2005, 06:55 PM

Default results