Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Bubble hand, two draws on the flop.

thats why I went allin right away though, I felt it was safer than checkraising. Normally I'd always checkraise but on the bubble I try not to pot commit my opponents.

I see your point about check/folding to an allin though.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thats why I went allin right away though, I felt it was safer than checkraising. Normally I'd always checkraise but on the bubble I try not to pot commit my opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/folding if UTG goes allin is weak, at best. You have him covered by 800+, and he could be moving in with anything in this spot.

If BB goes allin and UTG folds, I guess you would fold, but that's a pretty unlikely scenario.

I suppose the check raise allin is the best play, but I really don't mind your open push. I may have done the same depending on opponents.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To make the risk-reward ratio a bit higher, I'd consider a check raise all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

typically, i would use/attempt to use this move here
Old 08-23-2005, 05:01 PM

Im with the check raise. Get some chips in the pot before you make the move. If someone else pushes I probally fold depending on reads.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/folding if UTG goes allin is weak, at best. You have him covered by 800+, and he could be moving in with anything in this spot.

If BB goes allin and UTG folds, I guess you would fold, but that's a pretty unlikely scenario.

I suppose the check raise allin is the best play, but I really don't mind your open push. I may have done the same depending on opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you check and UTG open pushes or pot commits himself when there's only 450 chips there's no way you are ahead more than 55%. If someone goes all in you've definitly got to let go of this hand and I'm not going to be too sad about it. However, someone pushing/pot committing themself is very unlikely with how small the pot is, so most of the time you will be able to checkraise all in.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you check and UTG open pushes or pot commits himself when there's only 450 chips its unlikely you are more than 55%-45%. If someone goes all in you've definitly got to let go of this hand and I'm not going to be too sad about it. However, someone pushing/pot committing themself is unlikely with how small the pot is, so most of the time you will be able to checkraise all in.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you check and UTG open pushes or pot commits himself when there's only 450 chips its unlikely you are more than 55%-45%. If someone goes all in you've definitly got to let go of this hand and I'm not going to be too sad about it. However, someone pushing/pot committing themself is unlikely with how small the pot is, so most of the time you will be able to checkraise all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the stack sizes again. UTG only has 1173 after limping, so he'll be close to pot commited unless he min-bets. That being the case, he's gotta push if he wants to bet here.

Again, you have UTG covered by 892. Given your pot odds, you have to call if he pushes (actually you'd probably push). I'm too lazy to ICM it, but I feel like it's pretty clear.