Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-21-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Anyone know this guy?

your not ready for 20-40, come back in 2 years.......... I work that room all the time. Later
Old 12-21-2005, 06:08 PM

Ok, so I suppose this means you watched me? Any particular tips then? Not that I look forward to public criticism, but I'd rather deal with it and get better as a result.

Not sure I understand the 2 years part though, unless you just think that I'm so bad that I'll never learn....If you watched me play NL though, you'd definitely think that....
Old 12-21-2005, 06:13 PM

In general I understand what you're saying, but I'm not trying to validate myself as a poker player, just trying to understand where I stand skill-wise and what live games I should be looking for since I've mostly played online (although I started off playing live rooms). I'm not a pro or even semi-pro, I just enjoy playing and want to play at at the highest limits that I'm competitive in.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:45 PM

Relax, I was just bored and posted a response, ive never even been to jersey lol. Sorry you took it personal man, im just waiting for a response to my other post. Do you play for a living? Later
Old 12-21-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's wearing pajama pants with playboy bunnies on them and what looked like a soccer warm-up. Athletic looking guy, short hair, maybe around 5'8-5'10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw this same type at the gym the other day, but he had little devils on his pants. Must be a generational thing. Me and a few other guys my age had a good laugh wondering when it became okay to come to the gym and lift in your pajama's.

I don't know about this kid, but there's plenty of them around. Some real good, some just coked up. Esepcially at 5AM. Some of the kids playing the $75-150 stud games at the Taj look like they're not old enough to drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have found that the kids playing 75 stud at the taj are rich morons who think they are good at poker
Old 12-21-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From the pajamas and slippers it sounds like Ian, a guy who plays at the Borg every day. He's alright, nothing special. But $20-$40 HU is a completely different game than a full table. You're right about the money meaning nothing to him, supposedly he's an Internet millionare, not sure abt net part but the Millionaire part is definite.

[/ QUOTE ]

is ian a white guy? i think i know who you're talking about here but i'm not sure.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:59 AM

The guy I played with was white with short dark hair...
Old 12-22-2005, 11:13 AM

Yes. Anyone who plays high limit at Borg knows Ian.

Jeff
Old 12-22-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. Anyone who plays high limit at Borg knows Ian.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, we're on the same page.

you going down the borg anytime soon? i'm still contemplating that shot at the 40/80... i'll be down there today, most likely at the 20/40.