Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Sidekick - follow-up Question to Your Recent Response

I didn't want to hijak the other thread, but would like to ask a follow-up to this information you posted...

[ QUOTE ]
1. What limit do you intend to play?
2. Are you looking for best possible return per hour, per game?
3. Are you looking for certain chip and blind structures? (e.g. rapidly rising blinds with short chip stacks for quicker games or slower rising blinds with deeper stack?)
4. Are you looking to be able to clear bonuses while playing STTs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Regarding #3 - which site has the slowest rising blinds as compared to the starting chip stacks? As a fairly patient and conservative player, I would prefer slower games. My only experience is on party, so a comparison to the party $10 table structure would be helpful.

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:02 AM

Default Re: Sidekick - follow-up Question to Your Recent Response

Well, I'm certainly not the only person that can answer this question for you as many of the posters here have much more experience with many more sites than I do.

But from personal experience and from what others have posted, if you are looking for larger chip stacks and slower blind increases then I would look at Poker Stars or Ultimate Bet.

The normal Poker Stars tournaments start you with 1500 chips and blinds start at 10/20 and increase every 10 minutes. They have Turbos where the blinds actually increase every 5 minutes (which comes much closer to the Party blind increases, but gives you a deeper stack).

I'm fairly certain that Ultimate Bet also starts you off with 1500 chips. I cannot recall if the blinds increase there every 15 hands or every 8 minutes (sorry for the inexact information here). So UB like PS has a much deeper starting stack and much slower blind increase structure for SNG play.

These two sites have the largest starting stack with slowest blind increases that I'm aware of.

You should also expect a significant increase in the time it takes to play a SNG at these two sites compared to Party. A typical SNG at Party ($6-$33 levels) run about 45 minutes. While a typical normal SNG at PS takes closer to 75 minutes. UB from what I have read typically runs over an hour per SNG on average.

Hope this helps. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]