Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-29-2005, 04:44 AM

Default Re: TT multiway

I agree we're ahead on the river often. But if we get raised, I think we're ahead almost never.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:50 AM

Not even 1 in 14 times? I can see someone being dumb with A8 or something often enough... Maybe you're right, but I really hate letting go of such a big pot.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:59 AM

You save a bet to get to showdown, this is of benefit to you. Not saying it is the best line, but when you get an opponent to check with the best hand he had no intention of folding, it is awesome for you.

I bet this river unless I have a specific read CO or Button will take a shot at the pot with busted draws, then I'll check.

The Queen is out there, but it came on the turn so I'm not really worried anyone has one. A King or Ace is worrisome, a Queen is an odd overcard for someone to hold on this board unless they just made two pair.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:06 AM

Enough of this the pot is so big I have to call stuff. It's a 12BB pot multiway, it's not so so big. I'd bet this river and fold to a raise, and I really don't like overcalling the river after checking unless the CO is some sort of donk.

And really this whole the pot is so big I'd have to call a river raise from a loose-passive player on a paired board with middle pair stuff is getting out of hand.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You save a bet to get to showdown, this is of benefit to you. Not saying it is the best line, but when you get an opponent to check with the best hand he had no intention of folding, it is awesome for you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. I meant in the context of this hand with only bet-fold and check-call options it really is not a consideration. If we choose check-call, then if he checks with a Q but bets with a 4 it really won't help us if we are check-calling anyway. I mean it does save us a bet sometimes, but it really doesn't get figured into our reason to check-call. It makes sense to me at least, but then again its 3am....(actually I have no idea if this makes sense, I know what I'm thinking, just not sure if what I'm writing matches it)
Old 12-29-2005, 05:28 AM

I think it factors in, but as you said it isn't a big factor. In certain situations I definately can think when I'd like a check behind since I don't think I'm ahead enough to bet, but am ahead often enough to see a showdown, but I can't think of any at 4:30 AM either.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:25 AM

*grunch* I'd check/call or check/raise flop and depending where the bet comes try to thin the field on turn (or flop). You can't really drop anyone out on the flop by betting and your hand is vulnerable to many cards. You got the flush redraw so there is some value if a heart comes on turn but usually I think if the fourth heart drops in you are going to be dominated here.