Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Odd Flush/Straight Draw Line

Posting here, since well, 2/4 plays like .5/1 on Party. God bless it. The PFR was a little more aggressive than the usual Party goer, but I didn't have a good read on him. CO is a fish who likes seeing showdowns, and table coach.

Anyway, I haven't been thrilled with my big draws lately, so I figured I'd post this. Preflop seemed like an easy enough call, I'd rather have one more guy involved, but I'm chill with it.

The flop is my real question. I'm going to go with 13 outs here, I doubt the King will be good very often, but maybe just often enough to make up for the straight draw being only 1 card. So anyway, a straight raise seemed like an option. I'm likely to retain an equity edge since UTG+1 is likely to call or 3 bet here. But... I'm thinking he's very likely to raise here (and based on a ton of hands I've played with CO, and paid attention to his play, not just PT stats) I'm betting he's likely to cold call a good deal of the time here. So I figure there's more value in the every interesting call/raise line.

Then on the river I could go for a check raise, but the turn check after a 3 bet made it seem very obvious I had a flush draw, so leading felt much more correct.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 16 BB

And bonus chat
JackFresh: shocking
FISHFINDER20: what that he chased
KimMilford88: It is like an Alfred HitchXXXX movie.
JackFresh: heh
KimMilford88: I provide you with thrills and chills.
JackFresh: lol the censor hitchXXXX
Old 11-05-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Odd Flush/Straight Draw Line

Looks great to me, the flop call/3-bet is beautiful, since you don't want to hit everyone with 2 cold and the 3rd bet is definately for value. I like it.