Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 07-08-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Weird K3s Hand Vs A Donk

I had only seen SB play two hands, but I could tell he was a donk based on how hilariously badly he played the hands.

MP2 is a fairly awesome calling station.

But I'm a bit concerned I over played the turn, every once in awhile the blind donkey finds some cards?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (22.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB
Old 07-08-2005, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Weird K3s Hand Vs A Donk

I usually don't play K-no kicker suited willingly, but you are near the button and you have m4d limpers, so I guess it is not terrible. Then again, I am a card-carring nit.

I do not think you overplayed the turn -- he probably has the case trey, and in turn you have him outkicked (you lose to A3, 34, 37, 56, and a set).

Oddly enough, this river does not help you as much as you would think -- the only hands you improved over were A3 and 56. You either had him crushed sans flush or he still has you beat.

-K
Old 07-08-2005, 11:38 PM

for SB, by hilariously bad, do you mean overplayed?

you have probably best hand on turn, and 13 outs to improve to an even better hand on the river.

nh
Old 07-08-2005, 11:44 PM

Should have clarified as to why I thought of him as a giant donk: Beyond the usual calling with offsuit Big small crap, he had slow played trips in absolutely hilarious fashion, which led to me wondering if he instead had a set that he decided to slow play after my raise on the flop, since it seemed like this guy would wait til the river if he had a 3, but the read was only over two hands, so there was no way I was trusting it enough to slow down.

The river check pretty much settled it, although I was still wondering if he might be going for a check raise, which would have been equally funny.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:45 PM

The lack of reraise on the river makes SB having a full house unlikeley, unless he's the kind of carp that fights for two seconds and then anticlimatically goes limp.

Rev, that avatar owns.