Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 11:53 PM

Default The UB WSOP VIP

Have you guys seen the promotion that UB is offering for their WSOP qualifiers? The link is here (delete it if Im out of order for doing that).

It sounds like a pretty sweet deal if you can get in. $25k to play other WSOP tournaments and a 5k for travel allowance. Not too shabby. What do you all think? Worth playing through UB to qualify this year?
Old 11-19-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Re: The UB WSOP VIP

[ QUOTE ]
Have you guys seen the promotion that UB is offering for their WSOP qualifiers? The link is here (delete it if Im out of order for doing that).

It sounds like a pretty sweet deal if you can get in. $25k to play other WSOP tournaments and a 5k for travel allowance. Not too shabby. What do you all think? Worth playing through UB to qualify this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's never not worth trying to qualify and it sure as hell sounds like a cool package.

If I read it right, once you qualify for the WSOP you go into a freeroll where the winner gets this extra package with upgraded flight, accomodations, more money for entrance fees, a travel allowance and an ipod and some shades.

I'm kinda shocked they have this out there for the 2006 WSOP already. I guess they're tired of having their shirts get completely lost in a swarm of Stars shirts and hats and those fugly FullTilt jerseys.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:33 AM

Default Re: The UB WSOP VIP

they're a little behind the pack regarding big-name tournaments.

They had some qualifiers to some others...but pretty much it's Aruba and the WSOP for UB isn't it?

There are already people around here asking, "When to satellites for the WSOP start?"
It's obvious people prioritize this so it makes sense for UB to go for it even this early because I don't think they have anything else going on.

Party doesn't want to take players away from the PPM and Aussie-Millions and Canadian (in the Bahamas) tourneys.
Stars doesn't want to take players away from the sats for EPT and PCA-Atlantis events.

If Party and Stars didn't have any other big events to promote that they might more strongly consider starting their WSOP satellites now.

The UB promotion looks similar to the one they ran for some fo the aruba qualifiers who got to play in a freeroll where the winner got an entry to the WSOP and some other big events (like the Bellagio 5-diamond I think).

I think it's pretty interesting.

Couple questions on it though:
When are they having this freeroll for the WSOP-qualifiers. I assume it's an online-freeroll. I'd kind of be interested to know.

What does a 'complete' account mean? They say you can't win it without a 'complete' account. Does this just mean that your mailing address and phone # have to be correct or is there something else to it?