Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: $50 bankroll question

[ QUOTE ]
Um... how about some bonus whoring at other sites to build the bankroll

[/ QUOTE ]

Is Whoring even possible with $50?

Go to PokerStars and grind out the micro-limits. The .02/.04 LHE or the .01/.02 NLHE tables are great for building a bankroll from scratch. I started with $50 on Stars a few weeks ago and I'm up to $80. Yeah, it's a slow grind, and you won't be buying a plasma with your winnings any time soon, but your risk of ruin is practically non-existant. Just play smart and be patient.

JunkHead
Old 11-08-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I started with $50 on Stars a few weeks ago and I'm up to $80. Yeah, it's a slow grind, and you won't be buying a plasma with your winnings any time soon, but your risk of ruin is practically non-existant. Just play smart and be patient.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like how I started out too. Now I've never managed to get a plasma screen, but I did take my wife to San Francisco with poker money this past summer.

So yeah, it can be done! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I started with $50 on Stars a few weeks ago and I'm up to $80. Yeah, it's a slow grind, and you won't be buying a plasma with your winnings any time soon, but your risk of ruin is practically non-existant. Just play smart and be patient.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like how I started out too. Now I've never managed to get a plasma screen, but I did take my wife to San Francisco with poker money this past summer.

So yeah, it can be done! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like me. I don't have a plasma but I did take a trip to long beach CA this summer
Old 11-17-2005, 05:37 PM

If you go to a site like pacific poker you'll get a 25% deposit bonus up front so you'll have $11.50 extra to play with when you sign up. Also if you find someone who already plays there you can get an additional $25 dollars if they refer you.

My coworker referred me and my initial $72 deposit became $115 before I played a hand.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:43 PM

Does Pacific still track bonus requirements as diligently as they have in the past, wink-wink, nudge-nidge...

I hate the long wait for cashouts at Pacific, however soft the games.

JunkHead
Old 11-18-2005, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does Pacific still track bonus requirements as diligently as they have in the past, wink-wink, nudge-nidge...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you referring to cashing out the bonus before clearing it or do you want try to refer your self as a friend?

I'd say both would be a long shot. You don't get the refer a friend bonus for 48 hours because they investigate both accounts for fraud.

They won't let you completely cashout till you clear the bonus by wagering 20x which at NL 10 takes about 1 - 2 months for the scenario i described above where I got both bonuses. I'm almost done clearing mine, probably 2 more weeks.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Pacific

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the long wait for cashouts at Pacific, however soft the games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's one of the obvious downsides. (I think my two sentence summary here is unbiased, but feel free to hack away at it if I'm not fully stating the case against Pac.)

Ideally I like to keep a little bit of bankroll there and a lot more elsewhere. When I learn to multitable confidently, I'd also like to play one Pac table and however many others on sites that allow multitabling. Alas, Pac's software seems to be such a memory hog that the times I've tried that (usually with one other table on Party or Absolute), everything bogs down.

However, as long as I'm just learning by moving up the limits and single-tabling, they're not bad. Hence I think they're not a bad choice for the OP either.