Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2004, 12:12 PM

Default UB bonus

I am planning to sign up with UltimateBet using a bonus code (to get 20% on $500). I have never played there but have played at a few other sites.

My question is: how do I clear a bonus quickly? How does their bonus work?

I prefer tourneys to live, but does it clear much quicker with live play? What (low) stakes can be used to clear it quickly?
Old 10-18-2004, 12:19 PM

Default Re: UB bonus

for every 10UB points you get, you clear $1 of your bonus. I play 4-8 with the mini blinds and have been clearining it at about 7.50 per/hr per table
Old 10-18-2004, 12:24 PM

Use code PL50, that's what I used. It's 50 percent up to 500, I think. I put in 300 only, so I don't remember if you could get more.

It's pretty easy to clear the bonus in ring games, especially anything .5-1 NL or 2/4 limit or above. It's going to take about 15 hands per dollar of bonus cleared. For tournaments, you're only going to get 6 points for every one dollar entry fee. So, for a 50 dollar tournament (5 dollar entry fee), you're only getting 30 pts (3 dollars). It's A LOT slower to cash the bonus this way. Hope this helps.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:25 PM

Be sure to start a table or be one of the first 2 at a table and you will earn double the points, clearing the bonus twice as fast.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:25 PM

You get points for every raked hand you play, and for every point you get $.1 of your bonus cleared. I believe I have heard people say that the bonus is about equal to the rake (i.e. if everyone at the table were clearing a bonus, it would about cancel the rake exactly.)

I have like $600 or $700 in bonus to clear atm, and it is a lot slower than I remember from when I played mainly at UB. (This is due to 1. the fact that I get few table hours in there nowadays and 2. I've never had that much bonus there before.)

They had a promotion several months ago where you were matched S&G BUY INS 100% with bonus dollars up to $800/Week, so I guess quite a lot of people are clearing bonuses there still [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

You get points for the rake on tournies and SNG's, but it is not much, and I am not sure if it applies to bonus or not since the aforementioned promotion.

Just for reference, I think I clear about $10/hour playing one 5/10 short table or three tabling .50/1.0 No limit.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:37 PM

Do you get 1 UB point for every raked hand, no matter how little they rake? Or do they have to rake a certain amount before you get that point? If they rake a lot do you still only get that 1 UB point (and not more)?
Old 10-18-2004, 01:07 PM

From their site:

[ QUOTE ]
Bonus UltimatePoints™ for each raked hand will be earned as follows:
Rake UltimatePoints™
$1.00 - $3.00 1.00
$0.50 - $0.95 0.50
$0.25 - $0.45 0.25
$0.05 - $0.20 0.10
Bonus UltimatePoints™ for raked hands will be credited to your Ultimate Player's Club account immediately upon leaving the table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-18-2004, 01:15 PM

Default UB installation.

I can't install.

It says it can't find C:WINDOWS\USER32.DLL

Antone know what that is, or what I can do about it? (BTW I am on a network at work.)
Old 10-18-2004, 01:26 PM

Default Re: UB installation.

no idea why you can't install.
the 'at work' thing might be significant.

you get UB 'points' for tournament play....but I am pretty sure that these points do not count at all towards clearing the bonus. You have to clear the bonus via raked-hands at the ring-games.

I racked up some serious bonus-$$ during their SNG-crazy promo in July. My bonus-account has over $2800 pending but I'm not in any hurry to clear it since the bonus-dollars don't expire.

UB seems to be going back to their trend of offering frequent reloads. They have offered a couple of reloads in the last 4 weeks. So even without the SNG-crazy promo it would be possible to rack-up $300-$500 in bonus in just a few weeks as long as they continue to offer the reloads.

UB bonuses are typically slower to clear than equivilent bonuses on other sites.

If you are the 1st or 2nd player to sit at a table then you get 2x the points and clear it twice as fast which isn't bad.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Use code PL50, that's what I used. It's 50 percent up to 500, I think. I put in 300 only, so I don't remember if you could get more.

It's pretty easy to clear the bonus in ring games, especially anything .5-1 NL or 2/4 limit or above. It's going to take about 15 hands per dollar of bonus cleared. For tournaments, you're only going to get 6 points for every one dollar entry fee. So, for a 50 dollar tournament (5 dollar entry fee), you're only getting 30 pts (3 dollars). It's A LOT slower to cash the bonus this way. Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this code PL50? Up to $500 bonus? Where in the world is this CODE? As for Tournaments, u DO NOT EARN any points towards clearing bonus $$$. U recieve the points but they do not clear any of the $$$. Good luck