Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Yay, won the Stars 25,000 guarentee (no deals made)

Biggest win of my life (2nd being a far 2200), so I'm happy. Was in for 110 due to some absolutly horrible beats at the start (ie.. set beaten by a turn rivered inside straight, flopped straight broken to a flush, and many others), though it was clearly worth it. Had only 2200 at the first break.. so 4200 with the addon, and managed to win a few big pots to stay in it.

Wanted to make a HU deal, but the guy wouldnt respond. I could only assume he didnt speak english as he lived in a city in France. So I ended up playing for 4000, however about 3 hands in I realized this guy was awful.. Wouldnt bet unless he had something, and always folded if he didnt. Just proceeded to chip away at his stack (he started with a 3-2 chip lead on me). Then he got lucky when I had AK vs AJ and he rivered a J putting me down to a million in chips, and him up to 3.5mil. From that made my way back up, and eventually took it [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]